Progress Thread Bench Testing Wiper Motor

65-Fstbk

15 Year Member
May 20, 2007
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Does anyone know how to bench test a single speed, no washer wiper motor? There seems to be all kinds of info on 2 speed setups but I can't find anything that identifies what wire is doing what at the harness. I.e. which is the 12v power, ground etc. for a single speed w/o washer.

I have a single speed motor with no washer so it shouldn't be too bad. There are 3 wires that enter the connector at the wiper motor and another that peels of to a spade connector on the motor which I assume is the ground. The 3 wires entering the connector at the motor are orange, black and white (or yellow??).
Can anyone identify what wire is doing what so I can bench test?

wiper connector.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

That light colored one is actually a very faded light blue. Here is a diagram that might help. I would assume that orange or blue is power to the motor but I will do more research in my books when I get home ton
windshield wipers and washer pump.jpg
ight.

I will still search when I get home but I'm going to guess at this for now. Black would obviously be your ground. The other two will be power - one of which should supply constant power (with ign on?) and be for parking the wiper motor like when you turn the switch off it will continue the motor until it gets to the "park" position. The other would only have power when you turn the switch on. To test the motor I would run a ground from the neg side of the battery to the body of the motor and that black wire then individually supply power from the pos side of the battery to each of the other two until you see which one does what. Off course if the motor turns a little then stops then that would be the "park" wire. And of course continuous turning would be the power from the switch wire.