Benefits of swap headers on 351w ! plz help!!!

Is there some imperative reason i should go buy 351w swap headers?
I already have a set of hooker long tube headers which are very nice.
Is fitment going to be the only issue? I would much rather make the Hpipe a inch longer and save 400$ than have to spend the cash.
Also, people keep rambling about some complete conversion kit which costs 250$.
whats is the EXACT link to this deal?
thanks in advance.
p.s- I also have a set of stock shorty headers.

• Sponsors (?)

The 5.0 header's will bolt on to a 351W without any problem's....but keep in mind a 351W is wider & taller than a 5.0 which would cause header clearence problem's in the engine bay. The only way to find out is to try it, but I don't think the long tube 5.0 header's will work, they will probably rub against the steering shaft really bad, and will probably hit the starter and so on. Don't bother with stock 5.0 shorty's, especially on a 351W. They are pretty restrictive. Spend some cash and get some swap header's it would be a good idea. I used BBK's 351W swap long tube header's in my Stang and they worked great.

THe 351 is wider and taller than a 302. The 302 long tubes will not fit on a 351 in the same Mustang that the 302/long tubes were for. Salty - the 302 has a deck height of 8.2"; the 351 is 9.5" - MUCH taller. The heads sit higher and farther apart - the long tubes off of the 302 will not work. Shorty headers for a 302 probably will, but the head pipes will have to modified because the collectors will sit higher and further apart because of the physically larger engine. The swap headers are designed for a 351 in a Mustang - not sure what pieces of this are unclear to you. Seems it's been covered in about 3 different threads. As for the stock 302 headers, it won't take much of a 351 (performance-wise) before the stock headers will be a significant flow restriction hindering performance.

As an FYI, I used Mac's 351W swap headers. Once in, they fit pretty good, even with a Macleod bell housing. The steering shaft goes between the #6 and #7 primary and is a little bit of a pain in the ass to install as a result.

-Matthew

Larger engine=more air flow. I'm running 1 7/8 long tubes on my stroker. I ran no p/s before so I needed no swap bracket, retained my stock pullies,and alt bracket. Same water pump, and motor mounts. If you are not running p/s the only thing you need to buy is a oil pan.
mike.