Best 65-66 mustang repair/upgrade book ?

• Sponsors (?)

I can't think of any one book that would cover all that for these old pieces of iron. Most of what you will find will be from the how-to restoration angle. Also finding a book on Autolite Carbs outside of the factory manuals or Pony Carbs is all but impossoble too. Your best source is the reprints of the service manuals, the assembly manual series, and then specific books on what you want to modify. If you have any specific questions, you will find a wealth of information for the asking in the Tech Section by some of the more knowledgable long-term members.
:nice:

Thanks again for the tips Realmongo !!

I can't think of any one book that would cover all that for these old pieces of iron. Most of what you will find will be from the how-to restoration angle. Also finding a book on Autolite Carbs outside of the factory manuals or Pony Carbs is all but impossoble too. Your best source is the reprints of the service manuals, the assembly manual series, and then specific books on what you want to modify. If you have any specific questions, you will find a wealth of information for the asking in the Tech Section by some of the more knowledgable long-term members.
:nice:

Went to Barnes and Noble Books store for a "free read" and your right alot of the topics were restoration books but nothing generic. Or else a 100 page book on carbs with every other page showing an exploded view with 200 parts---usefull but not for me.

Went to Barnes and Noble Books store for a "free read" and your right alot of the topics were restoration books but nothing generic. Or else a 100 page book on carbs with every other page showing an exploded view with 200 parts---usefull but not for me.

Take a look on Ebay, I was looking for the same as you but settled on a factory service manual. They are cheap on ebay and you can purchase a CD instead of a printed copy. Probably more technical detail than I want but lots of good reference material for the price.

Thanks nero6 will check out Ebay>

Take a look on Ebay, I was looking for the same as you but settled on a factory service manual. They are cheap on ebay and you can purchase a CD instead of a printed copy. Probably more technical detail than I want but lots of good reference material for the price.

I remember those shop manuals were thick as a brick>>CD sounds cool.

I can say that i have the wiring diagrams on CD and that is great to have. It makes looking at the diagrams much more easy to use. You can zoom in to trace wires.

I don't know if there is one best book. I have used the internet and the forums alot. In my opinon that is better than a book. I do also have a Haynes book. It has been helpful too.