BEST BRAND COLD AIR INTAKE

• Sponsors (?)

Yep, the stock airbox works great. Most "Cold air intakes" place the air filter in the engine compartment, making it a hot air intake, and costing you power. The stock airbox is sealed from the engine compartment, and takes cool air from the fenderwell, which is what you want. Just pull the factory air silencer out of the airbox and run a drop in k&n.

I switched from my CAI back to stock airbox with the CAI piping that I modified and noticed my mass airflow sensor seemed to be LOTS happier not having to take air right off the curve of that pipe heading into the fender well, anyone else notice anything similar?

i bought a cai off ebay, i think it was $30-40 shipped

here is a pic..
63muxxl.jpg

the air filter is mounted in the fender, not in the engine compartment

Attachments

• 63muxxl.jpg
    63muxxl.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 84

I switched from my CAI back to stock airbox with the CAI piping that I modified and noticed my mass airflow sensor seemed to be LOTS happier not having to take air right off the curve of that pipe heading into the fender well, anyone else notice anything similar?

Mass air meters don't like curvy tubing. The longer the straight section before the MAF the better.

Yeah the stocker with no silencer and a K&N is a great option if you are just running bolt-ons etc. Power diff between a stocker and a CAI is very minimal, but if you really do want a nice CAI that will work well and look good go for a MAC or BBK or any other brand that mounts your filter in the fenderwell instead of the engine bay. Good Luck

I have a MAC CAI on my car.I was happy with the factory airbox,but I got this uber cheap,so,I figured it would look good with the polished parts on the engine.I did the Mass Air conversion and it seems pretty happy.