Best car chase movie?

I might get some **** for this one but.

The 3rd fast and furious move had some really good car action in it. Especally the begining scene with the race through the construction site. I wasnt into the cars in that movie, but looking at it from a film perspective it was done pretty well. There was some interesting filming techniques they had to use to get shots without CG, they had a camera-man/shifter cart that i found pretty sweet.

The movie that changed it all when it came to filming car scenes was the original Smokey and The Bandit, I think it was on of the first times that they actaully rigged the car up with a camera and actually shot dialog in a moving car as opposed to just seeing a terrible looking canvas behind the rear window. they did alot of innovative things in that movie, which you wouldnt think from watching it now, but it was 1977

• Sponsors (?)

The 3rd fast and furious move had some really good car action in it. Especally the begining scene with the race through the construction site. I wasnt into the cars in that movie, but looking at it from a film perspective it was done pretty well. There was some interesting filming techniques they had to use to get shots without CG, they had a camera-man/****er cart that i found pretty sweet.

The movie that changed it all when it came to filming car scenes was the original Smokey and The Bandit, I think it was on of the first times that they actaully rigged the car up with a camera and actually shot dialog in a moving car as opposed to just seeing a terrible looking canvas behind the rear window. they did alot of innovative things in that movie, which you wouldnt think from watching it now, but it was 1977

The F&F movies are all ghey, cliche, and rely on ignorant automotive stereotypes, but I'll give it to you that they do a damn good job of filming, and the driving sequences are pretty spectacular. That Monte Carlo was pretty freaking cool, too. I also liked how his choice of weapon was a big ass wrench, haha.

The F&F movies are all ghey, cliche, and rely on ignorant automotive stereotypes, but I'll give it to you that they do a damn good job of filming, and the driving sequences are pretty spectacular. That Monte Carlo was pretty freaking cool, too. I also liked how his choice of weapon was a big ass wrench, haha.

I would say thats a pretty big generalization, yea they do have alot of outlandish things in the movie, but you have to look at the movies for what they are... which is big budget hollywood movies that are supposed to appeal to a general audience. The second movie was absolutly terrible, one of the top 3 worst movies i have ever seen. But the first and third movie were done very well in my opinion, and they took alot of that CG bologna out of the picture. I think that the 4th movie is going to surprise alot of hardcore car people.

90% of car movies are pretty ridiculous when you look at it, it just depends on what level the ridiculousness is...

The 3rd fast and furious move had some really good car action in it. Especally the begining scene with the race through the construction site. I wasnt into the cars in that movie, but looking at it from a film perspective it was done pretty well. There was some interesting filming techniques they had to use to get shots without CG, they had a camera-man/****er cart that i found pretty sweet.
I agree with those comments. We all know the F&F series is about but TFTF3 had pretty good driving action and some cool shots: like the Evo IX taking that long sweeping turn.

I agree with those comments. We all know the F&F series is about but TFTF3 had pretty good driving action and some cool shots: like the Evo IX taking that long sweeping turn.

Drift racing is a little underestimated, specially with the Mustang crowd-prolly cuz of the cars we see doing it in those movies. Not my thing, but some are nasty in their own right(350Z done right), to be sure. Round here, American muscle is the king! All 3 of the FF movies do represent American iron just how I picture the Vin Diesel wanna be's view of big V8, rear drive machines, and was best said in the first one, when he says, "That car scares the **** out of me," about the blown Charger. So, when we see these guys drifting little AWD imports in movies, imagine then, Fireball Roberts, Fred Lorenzen, AJ Foyt, Richard Petty, David Pearson, Dale Earnhardt, all the old time NASCAR guys, with 3200 pound steel bricks, who raced entire races sideways, over 100 MPH, for hours- cuz thats where drifting came from-its called "loose". Some great crash sequences in NASCAR, too. Evo's are sweet little cars, make a great fun DD!