Best Electric fan?

• Sponsors (?)

I got a brand new never used/installed Flex-a-lite Black Magic Xtreme electric fan for sale. It has everything. Fan, controller, wiring, bolts, brackets everything! Its a great fan, but it doesn't fit with my 10rib blower pulley so i never got to install it!:notnice: If you go to their website it has more info. It pulls alot of air i know!

I'd do an OEM fan myself - they're made to last 100K Miles plus (many aftermarket fans are not). The Taurus is popular, or Mark VIII if you have the room.

Good luck.

I just put in a fan from here.

CLICK HERE

Scroll down to the supercool electric fan kit.

I bought the supercool fan kit. It fits right in your existing fan shroud, which I wanted so I could keep mine as it is painted to match the front end of the car.

Comes with everything you need including the sensor, relays, wiring and fuse.

Great kit for the money in my opinion.

The car has not gone above 190 even sitting in traffic.

I'd do an OEM fan myself - they're made to last 100K Miles plus (many aftermarket fans are not). The Taurus is popular, or Mark VIII if you have the room.

Good luck.

Very true! I bought the reproduction fan blade from 5.0 resto, and it cracked within 200 miles! They now have a Ford OEM replacement for double the price, that would be the way to go if I did it again.

Very true! I bought the reproduction fan blade from 5.0 resto, and it cracked within 200 miles! They now have a Ford OEM replacement for double the price, that would be the way to go if I did it again.

If you have the stock mechanical set-up still, check out the FAL metal replacement reverse rotation fan blade. I paid about 40 bucks shipped some years back for it - it's done well for me and I might guess it flows a little bit more air than my cracktastic stocker did (I run the metal blade with a HD clutch however - it sounds 747'ish. Perfect for 115*F ambient temps).

Listen the best electrical fan set-up is this one....this is my buddies install on his coupe......all of the mustangs we put superchargers on at the shop we put this fan set-up on. and I live in Florida so believe me I know what HOT is and how to keep a car cool. It out flows any fan on the market by over 60cfm also fan has two settings LOW and HIGH.....The actual fan is a Chrysler fan and the harness is made by the company SSM. It is an easy install..all hardware comes with it. The most you need to do is trim the fan to fit over the radiator. Also it is cheaper than Flex-a-lite or any other company out there for that matter....and if you plan on going supercharged it is a low profile fan meaning it sits right up to the radiator so you get maximum flow/coverage for cooling and low pro for the blower and bigger crank pulley.....The fan is called the Dual Ramcharger Fan!

Here are pics of my install:
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=893457&highlight=ramcharger

Info were to purcahse fans....
http://www.gosmm.com/

Flo, do you have some CFM specs for the 2nd Gen Intrepid/RC fan?

I've not seen it noted to be close to a Mark VIII, for instance.

I just put in a fan from here.

CLICK HERE

Scroll down to the supercool electric fan kit.

I bought the supercool fan kit. It fits right in your existing fan shroud, which I wanted so I could keep mine as it is painted to match the front end of the car.

Comes with everything you need including the sensor, relays, wiring and fuse.

Great kit for the money in my opinion.

The car has not gone above 190 even sitting in traffic.

Pretty nice looking kit, any pics of the install?

Pretty nice looking kit, any pics of the install?

I could post pics Dave, but honestly it looks just like it did before with the clutch fan, except the electric fan is inside the shroud.

Good quality stuff. The aluminum frame simply bolts inside the stock shroud. Looks like it did stock. You wouldn't even know I had an electric fan until you hear it.

It keeps the car nice and cool.

Flo, do you have some CFM specs for the 2nd Gen Intrepid/RC fan?

I've not seen it noted to be close to a Mark VIII, for instance.
I believe the cfm's is close to 4000 with both fans on high and at around 2,500-2,700 with both fans on the low setting.....either way I live in Florida and right now it is hot actually today I it was 97 degrees and my mustang dosen't get anywhere near to overheating and that also having a T-trim "R" constantly shoving in hot air...so they work for me! Also it is not just the cfm's we use them for it is the clearance that it gives us supercharger guys we have tried using a bunch of different fans and somehow someway they always end up rubbing on the bigger crank pulley....These fans are really low-profile and just give us some extra room to work.