• Rice 4 or 6 bangers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F gas prices, going electric

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Martha Stewart

Votes: 6 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

No i didnt, what do they flow? If you paid that much, you got a deal, 99.5% of people could not do it for that cheap.

Another great advantage is that the CNC stuff is repeatable for all 8 cylinders. Alot of shops have stopped hand porting heads because its not smart anymore. Like Nik said, theses companies have years of development behind these programs, the best heads are the ones that are roughed out on the CNC, then then hand ported to finish. 10 years ago if you wanted a head that flowed 320 CFM, you were paying at least 3500 bucks for it. Now, 1900, out the door with one call to summit.

I didnt have them flowed, they'll run what they run, only the dyno will show. Plus i was on vacation when they did the afr's so oh well.

My builder takes a little more time for my stuff since the family has been using them for 25 years, he cc'ed every runner to make sure they are the same size, sure shape can vary, but when you've been doing it for that long its easy to do things evenly and right. I'll pm you when i get home all the head pics. Or i'll just post in both threads later either or.

Guess im spoiled when it comes to builders, he is 3 shops down from mine.

coming from a ex lightning owner...

4.6> 5.4... just WAY to much stroke in those 5.4's

I guess the Ford GT and the new GT500 are all wrong then... :scratch:

I didnt have them flowed, they'll run what they run, only the dyno will show. Plus i was on vacation when they did the afr's so oh well.

My builder takes a little more time for my stuff since the family has been using them for 25 years, he cc'ed every runner to make sure they are the same size, sure shape can vary, but when you've been doing it for that long its easy to do things evenly and right. I'll pm you when i get home all the head pics. Or i'll just post in both threads later either or.

Guess im spoiled when it comes to builders, he is 3 shops down from mine.

It sounds like your builder has got some experience under his belt, but it's not exactly an apples to apples comparison without flow numbers.

It sounds like your builder has got some experience under his belt, but it's not exactly an apples to apples comparison without flow numbers.

Agreed, at this point all you can do is judge the pics from my threads i just bumped and wait for the dyno results. Whenever im not poor again...

He says he's ported ls truck heads to flow over 300cfm, but i have no paperwork on that cause the dude running the engine hasnt gotten back to him.

wouldnt exactly got that far to say its wrong... but you cant deny john mahovitz running his lil 4.6 based motor deep into the 6's. if the 5.4 was a better option dont you think he would be runnning one?

why in the hell are people convinced the 347 is the best option out of all possible swap options?!

other than electric/martha stewart powered engines, thats easily the worst option...

+1 for proline

wouldnt exactly got that far to say its wrong... but you cant deny john mahovitz running his lil 4.6 based motor deep into the 6's. if the 5.4 was a better option dont you think he would be runnning one?

That argument can be used on every engine available. This is why the entire racing community isn't running LSX engines. If they're so superior why doesn't everyone out there run one? Why doesn't anyone who runs something different lose every time?

His company also builds 5.4 stuff too, all depends on what you want to do with the motor i think.

His company also builds 5.4 stuff too, all depends on what you want to do with the motor i think.

oh i know they do...

but the promod lightning they just did is running the same motor combo as his car.

the 5.4 has a place just not in a light car like a fox. it doesnt need the huge torque that it makes.

That argument can be used on every engine available. This is why the entire racing community isn't running LSX engines. If they're so superior why doesn't everyone out there run one? Why doesn't anyone who runs something different lose every time?

the 670" proline motor i said was the best is a promod/outlaw10.5 motor...

since they have put the r2b2 promod out there its never lost a round
every race tim lynch has entered his outlaw 10.5 vette it has never lost a round...

id say that a pretty good arguement for the 670...

mahovits build mod motor's... if the 5.4 was better for his combo he would be running one

the 670" proline motor i said was the best is a promod/outlaw10.5 motor...

since they have put the r2b2 promod out there its never lost a round
every race tim lynch has entered his outlaw 10.5 vette it has never lost a round...

id say that a pretty good arguement for the 670...

mahovits build mod motor's... if the 5.4 was better for his combo he would be running one

Obviously assuming the OP wants to go in a straight line, which is normal with foxs, just not the only option

Just because one guy in a very extreme application (50 psi and 9000+ RPM in a 2400 lb vehicle if I understand it correctly) runs a 4.6L doesn't mean that it is always the better choice over the 5.4L.

There are also plenty examples of insanely fast 5.4s out there. Don't the MMR guys have some ridiculous 5.4 stuff?

Anyway, in a street driven N/A application, I'd take a 5.4 any day of the week, no brainer. The 4.6 is just too small to make any sort of respectable torque without boost. Even with boost I'd do the 5.4, it would be the same power with less boost, or more power with the same boost.

I'm torn on this one probably because I've been around so long. 20 years ago I would have said there is absolutely no replacement for displacement. At that time I was a windsor nut. I ran a windsor and kicked the hell out of a lot of people with one. Fantastic set up, as Nik said, it's how the fox should have been.

The thing is though, nowdays, There's no reason to not use forced aspiration. I am in absolute awe of the folks who turbo a terminator and squeeze 1000hp out of them like it's nothing. If you told me in 1990 they'd be doing that with a factory stock rotating assembly and block I would have laughed at you.

I've got a windsor block on a stand right now that I wanted to put a chp 408 kit in, and now I'm second guessing it because the block is only good for 700hp, give or take.

I love windsors, but If you are going to really go big, you'd better buy a dart block to do it with, or you're going to wind up a lot of scrap metal.

Now, If you'll excuse me, I'm going back to waffle some more on what engine I'm going to use....

:mad: i guess im one of the last die hard ford fans left. even on a ford forum, there are no "real" ford guys anymore, LS in a fox?? everyone has personal preference, but ***** GM. yes i have friends who have Ls1 vehicle and such, but who cares. i respect anything fast, trust me, i just sold my awd eclipse. if you have a ford, put a ford in it, if you have a chevy, put a chevy in it. if you want and LS based vehicle, buy a camaro or the "crappier" pontiac version. anyway........ i'd say, FORD pushrod small block, big turbo, blow through or efi. Back to that 351W discussion, there are pleanty of people on the turbo forums makeing over 700rwhp on those blocks with a turbo and lasting. its all in the tune. i agree with the post that stated its pointless to build n/a anymore, turbo kits are on the cheap with good turbos and its cool to see stock head 302s laying down 500rwhp, relatively cheaply.