best tires?

I doubt it was that much...I have Michelin Pilot Sports and they were $300 apiece...what were you buying that was almost a grand?

MPS are nice, but they certainly don't have the grip reputation that I need out of my car. I believe they are standard equipment on Mercedes and BMWs....but to answer your question...

...I was buying 315/45/17s Direct from goodyear. You can look at the price yourself on their website: 495 per tire.

• Sponsors (?)

MPS are nice, but they certainly don't have the grip reputation that I need out of my car. I believe they are standard equipment on Mercedes and BMWs....but to answer your question...

...I was buying 315/45/17s Direct from goodyear. You can look at the price yourself on their website: 495 per tire.

I couldn't find them for sale on Goodyear's site...but Tirerack has them for 321 each:

Compare Tire Search Results

I guess right now i need something a little more daily. I drive it eight months out of the year. Also since im in PA, roads aren't amazing. There are a good amount of cracks and such in the road and i will need it to grip while in rain yet still perform well. Some one told me to use hankooks for a longer lasting tire, granted it wont be as good on race day but it will perform well while driving well in the rain too. Im running 245/45 - 17 in the front and the rear is 275/40 - 17.

i use the bfg supersport 2's on mine. they do well in the curvies and the rain. i haven't had a prob with them. but as far as the track goes a street tire will never do you justice. get a good tire for the street and a second set of wheels with drag radials like the M.T. ones for the track. or just get the drag radials and dont drive in the rain.