Best Transgo shift kit?

Road_Runna

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Dec 23, 2002
Ogden, UT
I recentlly purchased one of transgo's shift kit (the one featured in this article). But I was wondering which is the best kit available for the AODE's because I know they have like 3 or four different one's.
Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

I recentlly purchased one of transgo's shift kit (the one featured in this article). But I was wondering which is the best kit available for the AODE's because I know they have like 3 or four different one's.
Any ideas?
Don't see the link in your question. :shrug: I have the Transgo HD2 reprogramming kit. Shift firmness and speed are adjustable. I've had it for 5 years without a problem.:D

The video shows it's pretty easy. Only hard part looks like the drilling.
Another note, I have the instruction, and it's nothing like the the 1st stage kit, infact the instructions for shift kit 1mention; if you want firmer shifts go with a transgo shift kit 2 (HD2), it mentions nowhere on my kit anything about the HD2 kit, it does mention hold any gear at any rpm, manual shift, and downshift whenever i'de like, so im thinking it's equal to or better than the HD2.

Is it against stangnet policy to scan the instructions, and post them here?
Does anyone if Jerry's specifications TCCoA.com work on our AODE's, like replacing valve 1 and 3 or the rest work on our cars?

Im still waiting for better weather here, im trieng to install the tranny cooler, and im kinda having trouble with what pipe needs cutting.