best way to spend 400$?

• Sponsors (?)

Ummm but i'm worried about the driveshaft, i've heard it can cause vibrations to get new gears and u have to get an aluminum driveshaft.......and that 100$ isnt within my budget...LOL....well depends, how much is gear install? I got quoted a year ago 350$ for gears and install...

custom89stang said:
Ummm but i'm worried about the driveshaft, i've heard it can cause vibrations to get new gears and u have to get an aluminum driveshaft.......and that 100$ isnt within my budget...LOL....well depends, how much is gear install? I got quoted a year ago 350$ for gears and install...

Don't worry to much about the vibrations with the stock driveshaft. I got my 4.10's installed recently, and have had no problems. I get maybe a little vibration at 60 mph, but it's hardly even noticeable.

Just get the gears. You will like them, and will have a ear to ear grin on your face for 3 days straight. :D

custom89stang said:
good call....i might go for 4.10..got an AOD

Gears would be my first choice.

My second choice would be...http://www.wildridesracecars.com/newstuff.html
The adjustable rear upper control arm system offered by Wild Rides. Get rid of that poor factory geometry, strengthen your chassis mounting points, and reduce your tirespin. That is one cool piece.

My third choice would be a set of drag radials.

Check out buyfordracing.com . They had FMS aluminum d/s for around $155 shipped last time I checked. I personally like underdrive pulleys (about $70), sub frame connectors (about $80 plus install), short throw shifter (go Pro 5.0 around $180), and cat back exhaust (depends $180-$300). I have never been a huge fan of gears but maybe some day that will change but I also run a 5 spd. If I had a auto I would probably feel differently about them. What about a shift kit for your AOD?

Get the gears or save til you can buy a supercharger.I like them better then the turbo's.Hey the 93 cobra got a supercharger not a turbo.Gears are the best if ya gotta spend and can't save.Gears multiply the power and makes very good use of the power you got.You got a aod and need a shift kit no cheeper then 50 and a trany cooler at same time.You should beable to do the gears and trany for 400.Nothin beats the bark of the tires betwen shift and you won't be rebuilding your aod in a couple years if that.