Best wheel cleaner that's also safe for painted wheels?

85_SS_302_Coupe

it sucks (I know) to be on the receiving end
15 Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Northern KY
I have some old ARE rims on my coupe that are in fantastic shape, perfect paint but could use some polishing on the lip. Polishing isn't a problem, but i want a spray on wheel cleaner that'll take off brake dust and clean them up really good without hurting the paint or leaving white spots all over the aluminum...just something to use in between polishings. Any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

there is many different cleaners you can use, but i would suggest any regular degreaser it dosent really matter(citrus, purple power) just w/e. they all work good and they work for all surfaces painted chrome w/e. just DONT use acid accept for polished or stainless never on chrome NEVER. i am a professional detailer at a local shop in my town so i know what im talkin about.

there is many different cleaners you can use, but i would suggest any regular degreaser it dosent really matter(citrus, purple power) just w/e. they all work good and they work for all surfaces painted chrome w/e. just DONT use acid accept for polished or stainless never on chrome NEVER. i am a professional detailer at a local shop in my town so i know what im talkin about.

I wouldn't touch that Purple Power degreaser with a 10 ft pole.

well i got chrome cobras not painted i dont know what you have but it works 4 me. but it really works better for taking stains out of carpet.(if you dilute it)

haha true but all wheel clearners are degreasers. what else could it be ,there are just many different types. well besides the unlucky ones that have to use acid i just use that for my callipers and they looks brand new afterwards. try it!