Big Blue HAPPY Fuzzy

• Sponsors (?)

Most of the old undercoating came off with lots of elbow grease and a scraper (Zip Strip to loosen it) the rest of the stripping was sand blasting.

Looks like I got the underside re-coated none too soon....it's ANOTHER wet and miserable weekend forecast.....should be dry Monday (finish install of the brake and fuel lines and possibly the springs and rear end!):nice:

65stanger said:
Looks like I got the underside re-coated none too soon....it's ANOTHER wet and miserable weekend forecast.....should be dry Monday (finish install of the brake and fuel lines and possibly the springs and rear end!):nice:
You too?
Oh, yeah - Tropical Storm Ernesto is heading north out of Miami for some Labor Day travel :rolleyes: But I thought it wouldn't get all the way up to Lawn Geye-land 'til sometime Monday?
Meanwhile, Hurricane (hasn't dropped down to a Tropical Storm yet) John is supposed to hose down the sand dunes seven miles west of me sometime around 1500 tormorrow!
I usually stay off the freeways on holidays if at all possible; and I'm especially glad I'm not on the road this stormy weekend. :nice: But absolutely nothing's getting done on the Cougar (except more duct tape across the towels where the carb, dizzy and water neck used to be) 'til this blows over. :nonono:

I thought they had downgraded Ernesto to a tropical depression:scratch:
Doesn't matter, we've had high winds and lots of rain since yesterday, supposed to dry up by tomorrow.
I'll be happy as long as it isn't raining......I can always throw a tarp on the wet ground.
Game plan for tomorrow....:
Finish install of brake line and fuel line.
Install P-brake cables.
Install leaf springs.
Install rear axle (incl..: connecting brake line, p-brake cables, vent hose, and install of shocks).

Then if there is still daylight.....
Install front rotors.
Install calipers (incl..:connecting brake lines)

Then it will just be a matter of lubing the entire front end and bleeding the brakes.

After which, I will get to sit and wait, wait and sit, sit and wait, wait and sit, etc., etc., etc......until my tyres arrive.

But I intend to finish pulling the underdash electrical, cleaning up all the errant sand from inside the car, work on the passenger door, possibly work on the engine (still gotta strip and paint), clean up the tranny.........

I also need to get a new poly tarp to wrap "sally" in this winter. Her old one is rather threadbare.

:banana::spot::banana::spot::banana:
attachment.php

:spot::banana::spot::banana::spot:
attachment.php

:banana::spot::banana::spot::banana:

Attachments

• New Rear.jpg
    New Rear.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 113
  • Happy Fuzzy.jpg
    Happy Fuzzy.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 116
Everyone should have a teenager in their toolbox to flog!:D:nice:

Sorry Chelle, them Chippendales may be nicer to look at, but they've got two left thumbs and are dumber than a rock, I'll stick with the 19 y/o starving college student.......besides, he actually enjoys the scut work!:banana:

Now all I gotta do is teach him how to properly hijack a thread...........:nonono:

65stanger said:
attachment.php

BBFCM waiting for the undercoating to dry.......

You sure don't look very Fuzzy in that pic. And what's with that jacket? :scratch: And all that green stuff in the background? :shrug:
Oh yeah, you're up there where green things grow naturally! Around this side of The Closet, the most green to be found is my F150; and with a couple days' worth of naturally occuring dust even that turns sort of olive drab! Our "semi-classic" is, naturally,BROWN; and Mrs StDr's RAM is the color sometimes called Artic White; but more usually called "Yuma Camouflage" :p Go to any grocery store, Department store, restaurant or bar; you'll see that over 50% of the vehicles are crew-cab pickups invariably painted REFRIGERATOR WHITE!!

Another difference I noticed in your pic.... you've got like 20 "case and a half" boxes of Pepsi there! :eek: This time of year (well, any time of year); we tend to avoid that much caffeinated fizzy water in the desert. Bad for you, doncha know. :notnice: It's almost always more healthy to have several 30's of Bud Light or Coors Light on hand for quick pick-me-ups :nice:

Hey, you're not gonna be driving Sally anyway; last I heard, she's still shoeless! :lol:

Looks really, really good! How does the seam sealer work out with the POR-15? Do you paint the whole underside now to cover the sealer? Rear axle looks good too! I just hope it works.

Seam sealed AFTER POR15, Undercoated the entire undercarriage. As for that "new" rear working.......the wheels still turn by hand! Thank you!

In reply to the desert rat.........(HEY SUE :chair: him a few times for me please!):
Not a jacket, it's a sweatshirt, it was early Friday a.m. and still quite cool out (mid to high 50's), "The Pile" as it has come to be known (empties), is actually over one years worth of empties, and I had help......btw, I'm NOT supposed to drink ALCOHOL, but I will have one on special occassions..........

Not our fault you sunbaked critters like riding around in vehicles that are painted to match your kitchen appliances (whatever happened to Avocado Green?).

And you are correct, the new soles for "sally's" shoes have yet to arrive, but more to the point....I was looking right at her engine and transmission in that photo!

As for me not appearing fuzzy......take your frickin' glasses off and look again!:D:nice:

BBFCM said:
btw - WORTH,
Love the parts you gave me, they all bolt on beautifully and look great. However, I discovered today that the spindles are actually off of a '67. I discovered this when I went to install my rotors. The '64 - '66 spindles are essentially the same as the '67 - '68s with one teeny weeny minor little exception. The earlier spindles use a 5/8" spindle nut, whereas the latter use a 3/4" and no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get the 5/8" hardware to fit!

Actually, I think NAPAs reference books have a misprint. The spindle nut sets (spindle nut, outer grease seal andcastellated nut cover) they originally sold me list in their books for BOTH the V8 AND I6 applications for '65. However, we (denizens of SN with aeons of Granada swap, etc., experience) know that the V8 spindle has a larger diameter than the I6 spindle.
So it stands to reason that they list and sold me an I6 set as a V8.......:shrug:

Anyway, I've got one new set, the other should be in tomorrow a.m., so after I bolt it all up tomorrow, I'll just need to bleed the brakes, mount the rims and tyres (whenever I finally get those in!) and lower her off the jackstands.

I'm also going to (temporarily) remount the fenders for the winter to help shield my new disc brakes from the inclement weather.