Black Car

k5zx said:
Maybe it is me but I've tried twice to use a 5ft chamois on my balck 06 and it looks horrible leaves little beads etc. Microfiber works good I just didnt like using 5 towels to dry my car. I couldnt find any big microfiber towels. so I wasted 20 on the chamois. I've found black is a royal pain though. I have to rinse my car everynight and microfiber it dry or it is filthy- unless anyone here has any other ideas how to keep it clean

to help with the dust that settles on the car during the day, just buy a california duster, works amazing at getting that layer of dust of teh car, looks good as new once you use it, just be sure car is clean and dusty not dirty before you use it.

• Sponsors (?)

05PhillyStang said:
The only time I used the water blade was on an old SUV. I wouldn't use it on a new finish. The argument is that if the blade picks up a tiny particle of dirt, it will drag it across the finish. The counter-argument would be that if you properly washed the car, you shouldn't have to worry about dirt particles.

I'm just not willing to take that chance.

True, but I think the same thing could be said for using a microfiber towel....if you happen to pick up a piece of dirt with the towel, you'd drag it across the surface also.

I guess any method has its potential pitfalls. I just like the water blade because it is quick and does a pretty decent job. I mainly use it for touch up washes when I'm just trying to knock the dust off. If I was really wanting my car to shine, I'd have to use microfiber or something else, as the blade can't get to the smaller sufraces and body contours.

k5zx said:
Maybe it is me but I've tried twice to use a 5ft chamois on my balck 06 and it looks horrible leaves little beads etc. Microfiber works good I just didnt like using 5 towels to dry my car. I couldnt find any big microfiber towels. so I wasted 20 on the chamois. I've found black is a royal pain though. I have to rinse my car everynight and microfiber it dry or it is filthy- unless anyone here has any other ideas how to keep it clean
In the olden days (60's-70's) I used to see a grounding strap on a lot of cars. It was conected to the rear end and drug on the ground. I was told that this would eliminate static, :shrug: don't know but my car is also black and I was thinking of getting the strap.

I had a black 94 mustang GT. Look super when it was clean. Problem it was never clean. I backed it out of a car wash once, the by hand and then hand wax kind, and you could see the dust settle on it like a magnet. I'm too old and OCD to want black again.

Leaf Blower

I went down to my local hardware store and bought an electric leaf blower for $29.99 and it works wonders. It gets all the water out of the little cracks and crevices that olways seem to leak water after you dry it. Use that with eather a chamois or a microfiber towel to get the water spots left behind by the leafblower.

loopstart said:
Always wash in the shade. Keep the entire car wet until you are finished. I live in the country so I simply pull out of my driveway, make two lefts to the nearest highway and accelerate to 90 Mph for approximately 30 seconds. Car is dry.:D

:stupid:

I thought I was the only one to Blow Dry My car that way. My Wife thinks I am Crazy but it works well.

With several coats of zaino on my car, I just run the water over the car to get most of the water off, and then I blow it dry with a shop vac. A lot of times, I don't even need to use any towel at all. Talk about a mirror image.. But, I'll fore warn everyone, you need to have several coats of zaino on there for it to blow water right off..

hethj7 said:
True, but I think the same thing could be said for using a microfiber towel....if you happen to pick up a piece of dirt with the towel, you'd drag it across the surface also.

I guess any method has its potential pitfalls. I just like the water blade because it is quick and does a pretty decent job. I mainly use it for touch up washes when I'm just trying to knock the dust off. If I was really wanting my car to shine, I'd have to use microfiber or something else, as the blade can't get to the smaller sufraces and body contours.

You're right, there are pitfalls with every method. But if the microfiber is of high quality, it will have a decent nap so any dirt will get trapped within the towel, not on the towel. That's the attractiveness of microfiber.