Black ice

CManT1914

Feb 5, 2004
Killeen, Texas
Yep, yall are talking about all your precious snow. :fuss: We got about an inch of black ice on the ground last night. Made for a long ride home. I rode with my dad in his 4x4 F350. The 20 minute drive took us over an hour. We saw a ton of people wrecked and spin off the road. We saw an ambulance go off-roading through a median to get around a bunch of people who were stuck in his way. An F150 was flipped in front of the KIA dealership up the road from where I work. I was pulling a truck out of the shop after working on it, and was sliding all over the parking lot in it. Luckily I didn't hit any other cars. Now I'm stuck at home for a little while. I called my boss and told him I was gonna be late cus of the ice. He was cool about it. So yea, we don't get snow here, we get freaking ice. It sucks. :notnice:

• Sponsors (?)

Yah, I called my boss today and ssaid i'm staying at home safe with my beer.

I was listening to the local scanner last night and a fire truck and ambulance got stuck. Then 2 road deicer trucks got stuck too trying to help them get out.

well dude we was supose to get snow but i just walked outsaide and it F'n ICE. :notnice:

u cursed us KY guys
10_1_114.gif
DAMN YOU!! J/K

Attachments

• 10_1_114.gif
    10_1_114.gif
    18.3 KB · Views: 83
Im in San Marcos texas, same story here.

I parked my car in the garage before it could get iced over, so thanks goodness i had no vision issues when i had to go to my morning final exam.... we dont get to call in on those. Our whole town was flickering all night, tons lost power. my heater tripped the circuit breaker 3 times yesterday (old rental house) I have to walk out back behind the house in the frost to trip the breaker (not really a big deal) It just sucks because i will gradually get cold and realize it is 60 in the house because the heater has been off for an hour.

wednesday morning it was below 50 in the house when we woke up. Time to call the land lord :)

yeah was talking to my mom she said they are talking 6-8+ depending on how it goes. Also said its suppose to start around 1am. I get done work at one but we have been working OT till 2 so I'll probably have to drive home in that ****. Glad i have a truck

Well its been a year sense I had fun on black ice so I feel for you guys.

Last year I was rearended on the freeway by a woman who was talking on her cell phone.

I was stopped on the freeway because some cars had spun out because of black ice. She rearended me at 57 mph totaled my truck and I am still having back and neck problems. All in all she made 36 cars crash.

So if you have ice stay home.:)

95BLKGT5.0 said:
Well its been a year sense I had fun on black ice so I feel for you guys.

Last year I was rearended on the freeway by a woman who was talking on her cell phone.

I was stopped on the freeway because some cars had spun out because of black ice. She rearended me at 57 mph totaled my truck and I am still having back and neck problems. All in all she made 36 cars crash.

So if you have ice stay home.:)

Sorry to hear that man, best of wishes.

I was on the freeway one time in the winter...going about 15. Saw a bunch of cars on the shoulder who had spun out so i slowed down till i was barely moving....and i still started to slide. When i felt the rear end start to move out sideways, thats the moment i decided the mustang will never be a winter duty car:nonono:

95BLKGT5.0 said:

It's icy and she still can't be bothered to get the f*** off the phone? What a moron. Sorry to hear about your back/neck problems.

tjh566 said:
Mustang+rain=slippery, Mustang+Snow/ice=I dont think so

Mustang+ice= suicide!

I was on I35 right before howard lane and a ranger got all crooked in front of me. Was kinda fun to watch. Poor dude.

It wasn't that bad for me going to work. I didn't spin the tires once. I drove slow though. My stepts that go up to my apt are solid though. That was/is fun.

i was foken peeling out all day today. we havn't gotten snow, but to us down here, 30 degrees + rain = teh nasty. i had a blowout on the way home from a study group for a final... effen buming me out... it's time for all new tires. may just step up and get some black bullitts and tires my buddy's selling if he gives them to me cheap.

i like fall most of all--it's cool enough to enjoy the outdoors and warm enough to still do most everything outside.