Bluetooth?

• Sponsors (?)

for the money id suggest getting another kit mybe something like the parrot3100 its basically the same but with call display or there are higher units that would still be less than the dealer part that have GPS for laptop or PDA

Downside to going with after-market kits like the Parrot or Motorola is that there will be a LOT of wires to splice.

The Mobile-Ease kit, while limited in functionality, is pretty much plug and play. I've got a Mobile-Ease kit in my car and I'd say it was an excellent investment and well worth the money paid!! :nice:

bluetooth headset doesnt even come close to this kit man:)
Its so convinient to get hooked to the stereo system as soon as you start the car...not to mention if you have more than 1 phone in the vehicle, since up to 7 phones can be paired with the system!

Yea I gotta agree... I use the kit when driving my 05 and a headset when driving the better halfs truck. Let me tell you the kit is a whole lot more convenient not to mention its safer having both ears available when she's talking! :D :cheers:

NVERL8 said:
Risingforce, what does a stick have to do with bluetooth?
when you drive a stick it makes it harder to hold the phone & shift & steer ,in my opinion.I love having the bluetooth mobile ease installed , that way i have one hand free for the steering wheel, and the other to shift/flip off bad drivers :D

When I purchased my car, I asked the dealer about Bluetooth and he quoted $500 installed. I've been looking online and found the Motorola HF850 for about $150, The Motorola ihf1000 for anywhere from $219 to $399. The Parott CK3100 is about $215. How difficult is installation? All of the above say that the product "requires professional installation." But I figure I can save a few by doing it myself

Not difficult at all - I accomplished it in about 2 hours. My new question is this: I'm replacing my stock radio with an in-dash navigation / Satellite radio - does anyone think mobile-ease will still work? I'm optimistic it will, because the harness between mobile-ease and the radio could just be plugged into a second harness (for the aftermarket radio). All the control box for the mobile-ease would do is mute the speakers and take temporary control of the sound while on a call, right?

any thoughts?

I dont see any reason why it shouldnt work, because it should be just like a DVD player, it doesnt matter what TV you hook it up to its still gonna do the same thing and all sterios work the same.

Or i could have no clue what im taliking about.

But my guess is it will work.

well Im not sure if it will work or not, cause the mobile ease wont work on the 04 stereo's even tho they look identical to the 05 series,,, so its not really anything like the TV-DVD connection you mentioned 06BLR85 :)

The installation shouldnt take you more than 30 minutes if you have the manual with guidelines on how to install it on the specific vehicle,,, I watched my dealer install mine, and the most important part is to have the detailed manual that explains where everything goes (as far as how to get the microphone wire from behind your stereo up to the maplights, etc,,,

peace
:nice:

get the moto blnc IHF1000! my friend just got it in his car, and it works extremely well, can't even tell he is using handsfree. works perfectly with the nextel i605. AND the controller is def. the coolest looking one, the ford one looks kinda cheesey IMO. MOTO it up!!

Yeah thats a good i dea, caller ID, it would be even better if it displayed on the radio's screen.

But i want to go with factory just because its easier. (i know im lazy)