Booze Brothers Racing Mustang

I spoke with Ed Lapinski! He was very helpful, and when I asked him questions about things he wasn't familiar with (i.e. Track Pack), he went and found out about it. I had some odd requests for a car and he was very patient, and professional. I felt like I was being "difficult" with some requests, such as the request to sit in a Mustang with just the cloth seats so I could make sure they were comfortable enough for me, and he hunted down a set of keys to a car with cloth seats. He never expressed any frustration towards me, or anything, but most of all, he didn't treat me like I was some idiot; something I've run into before.

Instead of trying to sell me something I didn't want, he advised me that I could get exactly what I wanted by ordering, and he could "make it happen." I wanted a rare combination of things, such as the Track Pack on a GT Deluxe, when it's only available on the Premium.

I have some other money matters to take care of before purchasing, but I will certainly be visiting Ed Lapinski again when I'm ready to order. I just hope that he is still working there when it comes time to order my new Mustang.
Yeah this is how we all get treated until they sit down with us and talk about pricing/financing.

:D

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah this is how we all get treated until they sit down with us and talk about pricing/financing.

:D

Actually, not true.

There I am, 31 years old, when I marched into a Subaru dealership for my "test drive" that I had driven 20+ miles for. Yep, I scheduled one online.

I showed up to the dealership, and there she sat; a gorgeous STi on the showroom floor, which happened to be the only one they had. Yep, there sat my "test drive." I got there, and all the salesman wanted to do was talk up the STi and what I refer to as "hug nuts." All he wanted to do was talk about how great the STi was, how it was a WRC Champion, blah blah blah. What really further frosted me was that I previously purchased my 2002 GTI from them.

Yeah, I drove 25 miles to hear somebody pump the STi's nuts. :notnice: To say the least, they did NOT get my business, and I walked out on the guy in mid conversation. :notnice:

So, I hit the next Subaru dealership. They didn't wanna give me a test-drive at all. I told the saleswoman, "Look, I'm 31 years old. I'm not some punk kid who's here to take one of these cars out on a joyride, and if you think I'm taking my test drive on the way home, I have news for you." I get the reply, "Well, we don't allow test drives in these cars, but you can drive it around the parking lot." :nono: So, I agreed.

I sat in the parking lot stewing, and then she came back with the keys. I immediately buckled up, tore arse out of the dealership parking lot, and hit Route 40. Just because she really annoyed me, I mashed the throttle, ran it up through all 6 gears at 7 grand, and then did a U-turn and repeated. We arrived back at the dealership and I said to her, "I'll take it...but not this one."

NOBODY wanted to give me a test drive. However, this time around, it was a different salesman, and I was offered a test drive in a 2010 GT the moment I entered the showroom and jumped into a GT to "check it out."

Every dealership I've visited to look at 2010 GTs, I've been offered a test-drive. As for how they'll be when it comes to negotiating a price, time will tell, but we'll see.

"Well, we don't allow test drives in these cars, but you can drive it around the parking lot."

same thing happened to me 3-4 years ago. I just said okay and never gave the STi another thought. I was not really in the market for a new car, but wanted to see what an STi was all about. I am sure they could have sold me on it, I was able to afford it. Instead, I just let the desire for a performance machine build up another few years until I could stand it no longer and finally bought a Mustang (after said years of research). I could have had an STi this whole time if they had been nice about it.

And... when time came around to drive a Mustang I got no flak from a dealer while driving a Bullitt and regular GT all around town to decide if it was worth the extra cash (I decided against it and bought a used GT from another dealer, but the first dealer is on my good side, so I would like to purchase from them in the future (Omeara Ford here in Denver).

same thing happened to me 3-4 years ago. I just said okay and never gave the STi another thought. I was not really in the market for a new car, but wanted to see what an STi was all about. I am sure they could have sold me on it, I was able to afford it. Instead, I just let the desire for a performance machine build up another few years until I could stand it no longer and finally bought a Mustang (after said years of research). I could have had an STi this whole time if they had been nice about it.

And... when time came around to drive a Mustang I got no flak from a dealer while driving a Bullitt and regular GT all around town to decide if it was worth the extra cash (I decided against it and bought a used GT from another dealer, but the first dealer is on my good side, so I would like to purchase from them in the future (Omeara Ford here in Denver).

Well, as I "re-live" the experience with purchasing my STi, I don't think I would do things over quite the same way. I probably would have let the manager know that his salesperson had just lost him a sale on a $33,000 automobile (I paid 31,000). I was not only annoyed in a huge way, but quite offended.

While on my test-drive of a 2010 Mustang GT at this same dealership, this salesman, John Barolet (sp?) found it necessary to knock my wife's 2009 Audi A3 after asking me what types of cars we owned. "Well you know, those cars aren't very good. They have a ton of electrical problems and they're just unreliable." I bit my lip.

Mr. Barolet was not satisfied with only offending me once, but he went out of his way to do it again, unbeknownst to him. I eyed a Grabber Blue 2010 GT and I asked him, "What do you think of this color?" He replied with, "I think it's very feminine and I can't imagine too many men wanting a car in that color."

This is a salesman that claims to have been in car sales for 20 years. Now, whether that's true or not is another story for another place, but any good car salesperson knows you DO NOT insult a customer or a potential customer's current possession(s). Not only is this common sense, but I know this because I had a previous job in sales.

I never mentioned whether I liked that Grabber Blue. This jerk-off ASSumed I DIDN'T like it, and more or less called me a homosexual.

Frederick Motor Company in Frederick, Maryland, will not be getting my business again, and I hope this jerk-off gets what's coming to him in the terms of a boot out the door.

Obviously that guy didn't know that the original "muscle cars" were offered in such color:shrug: Not just muscle cars, but the Ford GT40, a winner of Le Mans, was that color:mad: I don't care for the color at all, but I'm aware of its past AND don't view it only as a feminine color!
I agree that a salesperson should be talking up their brand all they can to sell you the car, not bashing others to do so.

i will be at the next mall car show, its not this weekend but next, 9-6 i believe. I was at this weekends show, but there was poor turnout because of the rain. We could meet in frederick at some point about an hour and 20 from me..i think.

Obviously that guy didn't know that the original "muscle cars" were offered in such color:shrug: Not just muscle cars, but the Ford GT40, a winner of Le Mans, was that color:mad: I don't care for the color at all, but I'm aware of its past AND don't view it only as a feminine color!
I agree that a salesperson should be talking up their brand all they can to sell you the car, not bashing others to do so.

Well, by itself, I'm not a huge fan of the Grabber Blue; in fact, I'm a bit indifferent about it, however, add another color (black/white) to break up the "overdose" of Grabber Blue, and I really like it.

i will be at the next mall car show, its not this weekend but next, 9-6 i believe. I was at this weekends show, but there was poor turnout because of the rain. We could meet in frederick at some point about an hour and 20 from me..i think.

Sounds like a plan. :nice:

I'm leaving for Richmond around 3 PM from home to attend the NASCAR Sprint Cup race that evening.

I'm about an hour and half from Frederick and there are a bunch of MPSF members in that area too:nice:

Well, as I "re-live" the experience with purchasing my STi, I don't think I would do things over quite the same way...

I never mentioned whether I liked that Grabber Blue. This jerk-off ASSumed I DIDN'T like it, and more or less called me a homosexual.

Frederick Motor Company in Frederick, Maryland, will not be getting my business again, and I hope this jerk-off gets what's coming to him in the terms of a boot out the door.

Have you come across that article on Edmunds.com, "Confessions of a car salesman"? Its an interesting read. I especially liked the part when the author said he would be a good salesman because he was a "car guy". I had always thought the same thing. When I bought my first car, I was dealing with a salesman who had two deals going at the same time (me and another couple), and I was able to quote all the stats and stuff from memory, of the car the other couple was buying. (They were asking him questions, which he did not know, and I answered for him). Anyway, its a great article that I think explains both of our bad experiences. Many car dealers dont actually pay employees, its all done on commission, and there is essentially no training. So, its just random people from the street who are trying to sell you car. As you might expect, they do and say any number of stupid things. The conclusion of the article is that car buying needs to change. Dealerships are on old and bad model. I wholeheartedly agree with this. I dont see why it has to be such a painful experience.

Have you come across that article on Edmunds.com, "Confessions of a car salesman"? Its an interesting read. I especially liked the part when the author said he would be a good salesman because he was a "car guy". I had always thought the same thing. When I bought my first car, I was dealing with a salesman who had two deals going at the same time (me and another couple), and I was able to quote all the stats and stuff from memory, of the car the other couple was buying. (They were asking him questions, which he did not know, and I answered for him). Anyway, its a great article that I think explains both of our bad experiences. Many car dealers dont actually pay employees, its all done on commission, and there is essentially no training. So, its just random people from the street who are trying to sell you car. As you might expect, they do and say any number of stupid things. The conclusion of the article is that car buying needs to change. Dealerships are on old and bad model. I wholeheartedly agree with this. I dont see why it has to be such a painful experience.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. And naturally, this creep claimed to be a "car guy."

:bs::bs::bs:

bbr rocks

All i can tell you is those boys can build really nice cars not just show but a whole lotta go also. the one you saw at keystone ford is mild but with a shadowed wild side. if you want more let charlie have it and you wont be unhappy with what he does . hope this helps