both banks reading lean

snidehockey

Jun 18, 2007
Orlando, Fl
I have BBK LT Headers and BBK o/r H pipe...

for awhile I would get ses light w/ a p0420 (bank 0 catalyst efficiency below threshold) the light would only come on maybe every 500 miles...

well now I got a SES light and the car seemed pretty sluggish...well I took it to Advance Auto and they pulled 2 codes this time...saying lean on both banks. I had them clear the codes and the car ran great again...well about 5 minutes later it threw the code again and is sluggish.

my guess is that those codes throw it into limp mode but I don't know for sure.

Regardless though...would my high flow cats be causing this? They didn't throw these codes for the last 10,000 miles that I've had the car.

• Sponsors (?)

sorry...did a little searching and I have 2 possible causes...

vaccuum leak. I see that one of the hoses on the IAC is kinda cracked where it contacts the IAC inlet

OR

MAF. I took a bunch of sensors out a week ago and cleaned them w/ electrical parts cleaner including the MAF...but I used the stronger kind of spray and I read that sometimes that damages the MAF sensor.

I'm hoping for scenario A

these are the codes BTW

P0171 - System Too Lean - Bank No. 1.
P0174 - System Too Lean - Bank No. 2.

sorry my bad...I meant BBK H w/ hi-flow...i forgot o/r is off road.

I don't think there's an exhaust leak anywhere...I got under the car just recently and made sure all the bolts and flanges were snug, and they didnt budge. I have a feeling it's MAF as well.

sorry...did a little searching and I have 2 possible causes...

vaccuum leak. I see that one of the hoses on the IAC is kinda cracked where it contacts the IAC inlet

OR

MAF. I took a bunch of sensors out a week ago and cleaned them w/ electrical parts cleaner including the MAF...but I used the stronger kind of spray and I read that sometimes that damages the MAF sensor.

I'm hoping for scenario A

these are the codes BTW

P0171 - System Too Lean - Bank No. 1.
P0174 - System Too Lean - Bank No. 2.

I got the same dam fiking code after PI intake swap.

well a little more info...

I got in my new motorcraft IAC valve today...and installed it adding some copper rtv/gasketmaker to make a good seal...and in the process removed the restrictor plate thing that I made for the IAC. Well it took away a hissing sound (vac leak) that the plate caused...and so far no code...but I haven't driven very far, so we'll see.