BOUGHT A NEW STANG YESTERDAY!

RJS

Aug 10, 2010
NEW JERSEY
I tried to make a deal at my local dealer but even after buying/leasing 5 cars in the past 3 1/2 years it didn't workout.
Found the car I wanted in MD which is a 3 hour ride. Spoke to the internet person on the phone and through email and all was sounding promising.
After securing the price we discussed my trade and was given a fair ballpark to expect.
Decided to take the ride Saturday morning and let me tell you from the minute I walked though their door I was treated professionally and fairly.(I kinda beat them up!)LOL
So I'd like to let anyone within driving distance know that there are good dealers out there and this place was great!!!
I bought this car at a real good price!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-...rg=1011&rk=3&sd=271082745384&&forcev4exp=true
IMG_2802.JPG

HERTRICH FORD of EASTON MD. is well worth a call or visit if your in the market.

From Dana(internet)
Josh (salesman)
Trent (sales manager)
Liz DeSimone (finance)
and a couple of others that I can't remember their names (sorry)

This team made the buying experience fun and worth the trip for me.
Ron Sannino

Attachments

• IMG_2807.JPG
    IMG_2807.JPG
    716.4 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_2810.JPG
    IMG_2810.JPG
    390.6 KB · Views: 165
  • Sponsors (?)

"You mentioned you got a good deal, i hope it wasnt the price listed on ebay. Congrats on the purchase"

I was able to negotiate a great price, and what made the deal excellent was what I got on my trade in.

"Beautiful Mustang!!!! Looks like you washed the whole neighborhood! :D"

Thanks and I've been known to do that!!:lol:

So, other than DD, what's your goals? Forgive me, but that's where I start. If you don't have goals, then your plan, or our input to your plan, is all WAG...
I have no goals other than driving and having a great time with my 4th Mustang.
The previous poster said "let the modding begin" so I asked for suggestions.
CAI should give it more mileage and throttle response unless someone has had a different result from one on a 2013 V6.
Exhaust wouldn't really be my thing unless there is a system out there that will make it sound like a V8 but I haven't seen one yet etc...
Ron

I have no experience with modding the new V6, but as a general rule, CAI will get you a slight improvement, but not sure that it would be significant. In my experience, best single bang for your buck mod to get improved performance is a gear swap. From what I can tell it looks like you have either a 2.73 or a 3.31 rear gear ratio. Bumping that up to a 3.73 (or even 4:10, if you're not going to do a lot of highway driving) will dramatically improve your performance.

My other suggestion would be a good spring/shock/strut kit, to improve handling, so you can get the most out of the power you're putting to the ground.

I wouldn't recommend exhaust, as there's no exhaust mod out there that'll make a V6 sound like a V8.

But if I were you, I'd drive it as it is, until you get to the point that you say "I wish it would...". Then start figuring out the set of mods that best resolve the "...". Too many folks start throwing mods at cars because of what they read on the internet or in their favorite magazine, without considering what it is that their car isn't doing (or doing well enough). Makes the aftermarket a lot of money, but doesn't necessarily result in a cost effective improvement.

Yep good advice, actually I only had a CAI on the possible change list.
The only reason mods were being talked about for my car is because someone suggested it.
I've had many cars over the years and I'm not one to buy the latest trick in the book.

Besides for real power I turn to my GTX.

Beautiful stang! Love the color too. Congratulations!
Something to keep in mind. If you go the cold air intake and tune route, your engine warranty is gone. I'm guessing that's something you would like to avoid at least for now.

You can not just tune the car back to stock like the previous year mustangs. The dealership will be able to tell there was a different tune loaded into the computer and that's where any engine work under warranty gets denied for the most part.

Beautiful stang! Love the color too. Congratulations!
Something to keep in mind. If you go the cold air intake and tune route, your engine warranty is gone. I'm guessing that's something you would like to avoid at least for now.

You can not just tune the car back to stock like the previous year mustangs. The dealership will be able to tell there was a different tune loaded into the computer and that's where any engine work under warranty gets denied for the most part.

That's good to know, I wasn't going to go with a tune anyway but the CAI is on the list unless I hear it's a waste but I doubt that.
Thanks Ron

Hey just wanted to let any member in the market know how nice this dealership really is:
Liz just called me to wish me Happy Holidays!
I've purchased cars in December in the past and my local dealer never did that!
HERTRICH FORD of EASTON MD
Merry Christmas to you and all.
Ron Sannino