Bought my Gf a couple shirts today

I still want to go and I will just not in the one time grand tour I had planned. I was trying to get across the idea that you really start to take for granted how much there really is here in the US until you leave.

There is alot more human history in europe by far.

• Sponsors (?)

geographically, the US can be absolutely gorgeous. As can Canada, and many places across the globe. There are many places that aren't as inspiring either...

I just found a lot of the US cities I've been to to lack the energy I've seen in Europe. I found many east coast cities to be corporate and cold...

Europe does indeed have a lot of history though

yellow1995Cobra said:
electrician, gotta remember i live in the northeast, high wages and high housing prices. 1500 bucks aint gotta make a difference in buying a house or not.

Ive also been with my girl for over 4 years, so just wait, it starts with the cheapy rings, and ends with the expensiveeeee ones. Give it time bro u will be doing the same thing.

Well when your trying to save up it makes a difference. Houses are pretty high here too for what people make. Was just looking at one today. From the outside you can see it needs a lot of work inside and they are still asking 145,900 and its only a couple bedrooms, car port (not even a garage), little dinky ass yard, and needs work. I called about it anyway figured I could try and talk them down but they said they already have in offer in but are having problems so if anything happens he's suppose to call.

Like I said my job blows. They rip us off so thats a lot to me. Thats why when my car breaks it takes me like 2 years to fix it. And now its gonna sit cause the gf said so lol. Said we need a house before I fix it. "If your car is more important then me we have a problem" was her exact words. Thats kinda ok with me though cause I need a garage anyway.

And I know what you mean. I know I will be spending big bucks on rings someday. I try to buy her anything she wants within reason so I spend money on her now. I know that total will rise. Hopefully she goes to nursing school like she wants and can buy her own stuff and can buy me car parts :nice:

Yeah, I was indeed speaking mostly of geographic comparisons. The cities and people abroad have a vastly different feel than they do here (at least in the places I've been).

I'm kinda into really cool mountains and lakes and stuff (I grew up in Alaska and the greater Seattle area so I enjoy that stuff). As an e.g., driving around the South Island of New Zealand, I saw landscapes that looked very much like some spots we used to go fishing in Alaska. But the society seemed like it might have been in smalltown USA circa 1950. Stuff was real laid back, nothing was open past dinner time in many towns, etc.

My only point before was that people often make it seem like one has to travel internationally to find beautiful spots, but it just aint so (like Therian said)

I'd add to BlkSn's list that in Europe, things are often hairier. :puke:

And of course everyone has different backgrounds and visits different places, so YMMV. :nice:

I am not a big fan of city life as far as energy or wheather its a corp. type city or not. Honesty, the only part of europe I am interested in is its past life not its night life. You do bring up some good points as to the social structure ouside of the US and how it seems to be a diff. value system to say the very least...and that is not a bad thing.

blksn955.o said:
I am not a big fan of city life as far as energy or wheather its a corp. type city or not. Honesty, the only part of europe I am interested in is its past life not its night life. You do bring up some good points as to the social structure ouside of the US and how it seems to be a diff. value system to say the very least...and that is not a bad thing.

Whenever you do end up going...start off in amsterdam. you won't regret it. I'd compare it to going from a stock 5.0 to a blown 5.0 :nice:

MysteryMachine said:
Well when your trying to save up it makes a difference. Houses are pretty high here too for what people make. Was just looking at one today. From the outside you can see it needs a lot of work inside and they are still asking 145,900 and its only a couple bedrooms, car port (not even a garage), little dinky ass yard, and needs work. I called about it anyway figured I could try and talk them down but they said they already have in offer in but are having problems so if anything happens he's suppose to call.

Like I said my job blows. They rip us off so thats a lot to me. Thats why when my car breaks it takes me like 2 years to fix it. And now its gonna sit cause the gf said so lol. Said we need a house before I fix it. "If your car is more important then me we have a problem" was her exact words. Thats kinda ok with me though cause I need a garage anyway.

And I know what you mean. I know I will be spending big bucks on rings someday. I try to buy her anything she wants within reason so I spend money on her now. I know that total will rise. Hopefully she goes to nursing school like she wants and can buy her own stuff and can buy me car parts :nice:

You couldnt buy a shack for 150 up here. Cheapest houses are atleast 325,000 and they are fixer uppers. Its tough for anyone my age to afford a decent house right now..

Well goodluck on ur house hunting

95Vert said:
150K dammmmmmmmmmmm. If I get approved(Monday) by the bank, I'll have a 1300 sq. ft. home with 3 bedrooms/2baths/1 car garage, with a lot (65x120) in the city with city sewage, light, and phone for $60k. Not bad in my book.
Holy ish...you can't come close to that in new jersey...That house in south jersey would be 200k and in north jersey more like 300k....god bless

blksn955.o said:
This is the stuff that interested me too. I was an exchange student in Germany and out the cities I lived in (with host families), my favorite city (and least favorite host family) was in Freiburg. The larger cities were cool but I really gravitated to the smaller ones.

As for the value system (like the old time feel in NZ - I thought it was awesome). I've been meaning to PM Monsterbishi to see if he has lived elsewhere (he's in Christchurch, as I recall - a relatively large city compared to those that I visited) and see if he got the same vibe.

Cool stuff and discussion here. :nice: