Brake Booster

lgbnaf7

May 6, 2005
Tacoma Wa
I have a few Brake booster questions. I am doing the 73mm Lincoln Mark 7 in the front and a Turbo Coupe rear end. I have a 89 gt. I hear everyone say go with the 93 cobra MC. The reason for this is because it will fit right in the stock brake booster right?
The reason why I am asking is because I have the brake booster and MC off of a 95 gt. I was just going to swap that in instead of buying the 93 cobra one. Will this work? I know I have to modify the holes in the firewall but thats not a probelm

• Sponsors (?)

I used to have the same set up as you except for the TC rear. I opted for LSC flipped calipers and stock length Ranger 5 lug axles. I used a Mark VII mastecylinder and prop valve with the stock V8 booster. It worked perfect. I have since switched to SN95 01 spindles (too wide and switching to 95's) and PBR's. I'm now using the 01 mastercylinder, 95 booster, and 95 prop valve. Don't waste you $$ on the 93 Cobra part and don't forget to get an appropriate prop valve for 4 wheel disc's.

I have a few Brake booster questions. I am doing the 73mm Lincoln Mark 7 in the front and a Turbo Coupe rear end. I have a 89 gt. I hear everyone say go with the 93 cobra MC. The reason for this is because it will fit right in the stock brake booster right?
The reason why I am asking is because I have the brake booster and MC off of a 95 gt. I was just going to swap that in instead of buying the 93 cobra one. Will this work? I know I have to modify the holes in the firewall but thats not a probelm

The 93 Cobra Booster is a Better Fit than the 95GT but it will work fine. Make sure you Gut the Stock Prop Valve and add an Adjustable Prop Valve to your System.

The 93 Cobra Booster is a Better Fit than the 95GT but it will work fine. Make sure you Gut the Stock Prop Valve and add an Adjustable Prop Valve to your System.

Ok I put a Turbo Coupe rear end in my 88 5.0L, and need to gut the stock prop valve. But were do you install the adjustable valve?? Do you install it in the union butt on the right hand side of the fire wall?? With the stock valve still in, I test drove it and I have to munch front brakes. The front brakes lock up too easy and I can't make the back lock. I do have Hawk Performance brake pads up front and in back the pads that came with the rear-end.

Stephen

Ok I put a Turbo Coupe rear end in my 88 5.0L, and need to gut the stock prop valve. But were do you install the adjustable valve?? Do you install it in the union butt on the right hand side of the fire wall?? With the stock valve still in, I test drove it and I have to munch front brakes. The front brakes lock up too easy and I can't make the back lock. I do have Hawk Performance brake pads up front and in back the pads that came with the rear-end.

Stephen

This link might help as it will talk about the position of the adjustable proportioning valve and brake boosters a little bit.

79-93 Mustang 5 Lug Conversion(SN95 disc brake conversion)