Brake Vacuum With Boost?

Stevenmverrill

5 Year Member
Oct 24, 2017
So I am putting a turbo on my sn95 this winter. The question is how to run the vacuum accessories, most importantly the brake booster?

From all the reading I have done no one seams to worry about it. But, I do plan to autocross, and run it on a track. Also, having had an 11 f150 turbo with a bad check valve (presumably) it's worth concern!

My best idea so far is to plumb it like the f150 with a check valve to manifold pressure, a 'T' and a check valve to prevent turbo intake, and also thinking to run a vacuum Reservoir ( junkyard cruise control part).

Interested in a good dialogue on the subject and what you are running. Or will the consensus be running a vacuum pump? Also A Venturi hose off the header has crossed my mind but doubt it would have much to offer?

Thanks for aNY input.

• Sponsors (?)

You could grab an electric vacuum pump from a salvage yard off of either an 80s GM 4-banger car, or any of several diesels that use and electric vacuum pump to provide vacuum to the booster.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a one way check valve in the line that goes to my booster. You are not on the throttle when you are on the brakes, so vacuum returns instantly as soon as you lift. You need the check valve to keep from pressurizing the booster.