Roush Budget Saleen?

• Sponsors (?)

Saleen built 30 cars for Budget in 96, 88 in 97, and 10 in 98.

In 1997, 34 cars were sticks, and 54 automatic. All had the mag wheels and sportbar, 2 had white convertible tops, 86 had black convertible tops.

...so I guess that would be a "no" on the budget question :rlaugh:

....and who would want a purple car anyways??? :rolleyes: Mr. West, any feedback would be greatly appericated :p

:lol: I'm with ya brother! Why would anyone want a limited production car in one of the most limited colors?? I mean, having one of 19 Saleen's ever produced in "Deep Metallic Violet" sucks. Especially considering it is one of 123 Budget rentals (most rare of the Saleen production cars), and with that crappy 5-speed (most were automatic for obvious reasons). I was looking for one of those extremely rare white ones like you have Robert, but just couldn't seem to find one:hail2: ...:rlaugh:

Purple people eater...nice Marcus...lol

:lol: I'm with ya brother! Why would anyone want a limited production car in one of the most limited colors?? I mean, having one of 19 Saleen's ever produced in "Deep Metallic Violet" sucks. Especially considering it is one of 123 Budget rentals (most rare of the Saleen production cars), and with that crappy 5-speed (most were automatic for obvious reasons). I was looking for one of those extremely rare white ones like you have Robert, but just couldn't seem to find one:hail2: ...:rlaugh:

Purple people eater...nice Marcus...lol

Hey that was a low blow. lol. (White, Auto, Budget car)

What are the chances of someone with a white Budget Saleen automatic being on the site to perfectly mis-interprate my comments...lol

...apparently a 100% chance!!:p

I was looking for one of those extremely rare white ones like you have Robert, but just couldn't seem to find one:hail2: ...:rlaugh:

....last time I checked, there was no other white S351 wearing the #01 bumper number :eek: Besides, my LOA from Liz states "one of a kind". :p Of course, so does everyone elses authenticity letters. So I guess that argument won't hold up very long, will it :mad: Damn it!! :D I can't think of anything looking better then these:

TwinS351Saleens.jpg

....of course, the coupe is now gone and the explorer will be the next one on the block but....DAMN those things look good!! :hail2: Even if they are those boring white things!!

Not sure why the pictures didn't stay attached, I'll have to reload them tonight... Sorry!!

Attachments

• TwinS351Saleens.jpg
    TwinS351Saleens.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 110
:lol: I wasn't talking about a white Budget car (funny how that came out wrong). I was taking a :stick: at Robert, Mr. White Saleen. What are the chances of someone with a white Budget Saleen automatic being on the site to perfectly mis-interprate my comments...lol

I didnt take it the wrong way I was just trying to make a joke ha ha. Sorry for the confusion.

yea

:lol: I wasn't talking about a white Budget car (funny how that came out wrong). I was taking a :stick: at Robert, Mr. White Saleen. What are the chances of someone with a white Budget Saleen automatic being on the site to perfectly mis-interprate my comments...lol

I just joiond this forum, but i lived i newport beach ca, and i rented a white saleen with the automatic and a red 281 with a stick... if my memory is correct my red one was b11 and it at only 80 some miles on it... I do have some info on its early history like i was one of its first drivers.... like the chip on the right front spoiler.