Building a 400Hp 5.0 N/A motor, just like AFR did need help on what intake too get:)

Xtreme Limits

Founding Member
Nov 30, 2001
Hudson, Florida
My friends building a 347, and just got a Victor 5.0 intake for it, and i was Thinking of getting a bigger intake then the RPM Perfomer i was going too get then have Tmoss port it sooooooo...............

Ok go to www.airflowresearch.com , then click on articles , the click on the 5 Will Get Ya 4, Part 2 - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Dec/00
and then
Pulse Width -vs- Power Valve - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Dec/00 .......

after reading these articles i want to get a bigger intake since ill have around the same settup , and that AFR motor had alot of Tq under 4000rpm even though it had a biggggggggg intake........

My question is if i used all the same parts on my EFI 5.0/302 just like AFR's motor, e.i. cam, heads, TB, Injectors......

What EFI INTAKE WOULD be better from 3000-6250rpm

The Victor 5.0 or the Trick Flow R???

• Sponsors (?)

I would opt for the Trickflow R....seems like ole' Anderson is big on that intake (at least from what i've read) I think i have that article, is it the one where the motor redlines at like 8300rpm? That's just plain SICK! I wish my motor could rev that high. I guess that's what you get from a 12k dollar short block.

well in future im building a Dart block, forged 331/347, but will just put everything on my stock 60,000mile short block, untill i saved for my 331/347, or till i blow it up :D , but it mite be like 2years before i save up enuff.

btw my cars a weeked car, my dad no longer drives it too work.
Plus im hopeing to get some nitrous this summer :hail2:

i almost just got the rpm , but for like $30 more i can have a bigger intake, and then wont need too have it ported($175-225more), so thats why im straying away from the rpm.

i have a set of 4:10's , traded my 3.55's for them, but rite now my cars 3.73's are just spinning 1,2,3,chirp 4th, so i dont think i need to put the 4.10's in now , but do have them just in case :)

Any one eles, so far it looks like the TF R, so does the Victor suck under 5000

Holley is a great intake but for smaller ci I think the performer RPM will do the job for you. Ive talked with Ed curtis about this befor. There is a guy in here with a yellow convertable thats 3,700lbs and runs 12.30s with 302ci with a performer rpm intake from what I remember. Those times are impressive in a car that heavy... that motor in a lighter fox body would fly. Its all about combination and even with a 331/347 you can always have that RPM intake ported.

Any one eles said:
I would not run TFS-R intake or a Victor on a stock shortblock... I would run the holley befor that but I think the RPM intake will still do what you want. If you only have 60k miles on that shortblock you still have plenty of life left in it to enjoy the combo you choose... good luck.