bullitt side scoop issue

Cacaman

Jul 28, 2008
Laredo TX
i just got my car repainted and i had the shop put in the bullitt side scoop deletes. the shop really struggled to get em on though.

i mean they did a hell of a job on my car overall, just that the scoops look ugly. im thinking of just ditching them.

for those of you who bought some, how did you get them on to look so clean? the shop i went to originally used the double sided tape but they said that the scoops were a little crooked. they recommended using screws since they're fiberglass and cant be heated to mend like plastic pieces. i say yes and what happens? my side scoops look like crap with screws AND they don't even stick!! i just noticed the front part of the scoops are popping off!!!

so what should i do? will a glue work? someone recommended clear windshield adhesive. should i just ditch them and put back my originals? i don't know. i mean i love these scoops but they just don't stick on!!

• Sponsors (?)

Wow, that seems weird man...I did mine myself and it was a piece of cake. They were from a real Bullitt though so maybe the fiberglass ones you got were off spec or something? The double-sided tape on the front edge is def the way to go and that's how the factory did them as well. I can't imagine putting screws through them! :eek:

Do you have any pics?

they fit right, just that they seem a bit crooked so one part pops up. and the bad thing is they cant be molded like if they were plastic. fiberglass breaks if you try to bend it. what can i expect though, i paid 50 for them off of ebay. im gonna try to look for some special glue. if that doesnt work i guess ill go with my old 99 edition scoops. :(

they fit right, just that they seem a bit crooked so one part pops up. and the bad thing is they cant be molded like if they were plastic. fiberglass breaks if you try to bend it. what can i expect though, i paid 50 for them off of ebay. im gonna try to look for some special glue. if that doesnt work i guess ill go with my old 99 edition scoops. :(

Dang, that really sucks man, sorry...:( I wanted the Bullitt scoops too as I hated my '99 style scoops. I hope you can figure something out, good luck.