Buying New Car 03 Mach vs 01 Cobra

Mach!

9500ish in 2003
7500ish in 2004

Better gearing and a better torque curve. You can see my stock numbers with just a K&N. The Mach has a truck cam in it for better mid range torque and the 3.55's really make it move over with the solid axle. JMO

• Sponsors (?)

PonyboyIsaac said:
wow i'm surprised by that, the 01 cobra is rated at 320hp and the 03 mach at 305hp and 04 mach at 310. Is it the irs sucking up more power then the solid axle?
No it is because the spirit of the Mustang history is in the Mach1. This actually makes the car faster. The shaker is the same as in the old models and it is a fitting and appropriately done tribute to them. The recent Mach is one of the most beautiful of recent Mustang specialty trim lines in my humble opinion. Only Ford could pull off a non-cheesey tribute to the great Mach1 classics, to their spirit and their history :flag: :hail2:

I am too lazy to find some killer Mach1 pictures...

Ok, maybe just one :drool:

russ.jpg

Crzyhrse said:
No contest. Mach 1 hands down. If you were talking '03-'04 Cobra or Mach 1, then that would be more of a toss up. You'll be able to pick up an '01 Cobra for alot cheaper than a '03-'04 Mach 1 though. The cheapest private seller of a Mach is gonna be $17,000 and up.

:scratch: 03-04 cobra vs mach is a toss up? 390HP S/C 4V vs N/A 310HP 4V? HAHAHA.

Anyways, I say get the mach....it has better heads for one thing and the live axle is nice. plus it stands out more and looks better IMO. :D

stng said:
So I found an 03 Mach 1 with only 12,712 miles on it. Its Black on Black, Manual, and only $19,988! Mind you I only just started looking but this seems like an incredible deal. What do you guys think? The vin is 1FAFP42R53F399746 if anyone could run a car fax that would be huge.
Go here http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/ Register and ask for an OASIS report in the right forum. :nice:

hotmustang331 said:
:scratch: 03-04 cobra vs mach is a toss up? 390HP S/C 4V vs N/A 310HP 4V? HAHAHA.

Anyways, I say get the mach....it has better heads for one thing and the live axle is nice. plus it stands out more and looks better IMO. :D

Depends on what your looking for. All out power, yes get the Cobra. Beauty and good power, get the Mach. Quite afew people have had the chance to get either and chose the Mach. HAHAHAHA.

Yea I had the choice between the mach and the GT...got the gt :D . Its all about what you want I guess.

But same holds true Mach>GT but I liked the GT better. Cobra>mach but some opt for the mach.

But in general like I was meaning...there is no toss up between the GT and mach. Mach hands down better all around car and platform.

Cobra vs mach....cobra hands down. Better all around car and platform.

:nice:

Oh yea GT vs V6...Gt hands down, better all around car and platform :D. LOL

But many choose the V6....its ALL about what you want :)

sometimes I wish I would have got a Mach... it should be obvious... I didn't know they existed at the time...

I'm = at the track with auto Machs and not so great drivers of manuals, but I still have Mach envy. At least I don't have to feel guilty when I race people who mistake me for a Mach now. I don't shame the name too bad... even though my plates make it quite obvious as to what I am.

I would go with Cobra, just because i like IRS. But other then that, Mach1 is the chit. Not to mention Mach 1 is kinda rare around here, but not NA cobra. I see them more often then GT! and have something noone have is always big with me

Way back when i was looking for GT, i found Bullit for about same price. Back then, i didn't know the coolness of Bullit, and disliked spoilerless look. I kick my behind everytime I think about that now

same here i was looking at the bullitt and i knew i was going to mod big time so i got the gt. now the bullett intake would have pushed me voer the 300rwhp mark:D

anyway i dont know the mod potential of the mach because of its higher compression, bur stock for stock id take the mach.

i think it has the aluminum block right? that = less weight then cobra

The N/A cobra's are great cars too but setup more for a road course with it's IRS the Mach was put together to run with the fbodies at the track. Both are fine cars, I just think the Mach's the best looking car but you can't go wrong with either. As you can see I could have got a 03/04 Cobra with the 3 Mustangs I purchased in 3 years but looking over the raised hood and the hood scoop just rocks!:nice:

Here's the specs for the Mach and has comparisons for the GT and Bullitt too.

http://www.mach1registry.com/Specs/Specs.htm