Bye Bye 01.....

coupeownerBE

Aug 20, 2005
russellivlle,ar
well i got rid of my 2001 a couple days ago and went back to a fox.. seems i have bad luck with 4.6. first i got a 97 cobra and blew the motor at the track,the day i got it back from getting my longtubes put on. then the 97 gt that was just kinda a turd. then this 2001 which i really like and out of the 12 or 13 mustangs ive had is the only new edge mustang.. I always wanted a new edge and then came the bad luck.. first off i bought brand new fr500s with new nitto 555r's now from what i was told my mutiple different ppl is that the car had run 10.71 in the 1000ft w/ a drag wheel setup. now i was able to get it to 11.3 and was getting faster every run until i broke a spidergear in the rearend. so after loading it up and getting it home i replaced the rearend (whole thing). well after that I got some mustangs together for a cruise up the mountain and on the way out there we all wanted to run each other a lil and then as I slam into 3rd pop! and then there was nothing. well found out it was the output shaft. So with me not having time to deal with it and needing something to drive asap. I got rid of it.. but was able to keep my fr500s..lol. anyways heres a final pic of the car before I took the wheels and sent it off..

Attachments

• sumsum 090.JPG
    sumsum 090.JPG
    433.2 KB · Views: 129
  • sumsum 097.JPG
    sumsum 097.JPG
    417 KB · Views: 110
  • Sponsors (?)

Did you sell the car with the broken parts or fix it up? The car looks similar to what mine looks like minus a few parts. Looked good but when you want something else I get that.. I'm feeling the same at the moment too