CAI Causing Noises

As soon as I finished installing my CAI when I got it, (about a month ago), it made a knocking noise when slowing down, and when the car was in reverse... And sometimes when it's in park.

Well the only thing I can find wrong, is the CAI pushing down on this part of the AC:

cai.jpg

When I take my hand and shake it, it does beat and make the same noise... And I put the car in reverse and used the emergency brake, went around and checked, and the CAI does indeed vibrate just a tad.

Does anybody know of a fix for this? Any help would be appreciated! And if nothing can be done, then I'm taking this thing off and putting the stock one back on! :p

• Sponsors (?)

very simple my friend. i had this same problem, and just installed this super add-on just last weekend.
an awesome RUBBER GROMIT cut to size, then glued to the inside of the firewall. sounds ghetto i know, but it works, so long as the gromet is big enough that it doesnt fall through. (or glue it with some epoxy stuff... either way) i dont have any good pics of it now, and its too dark out to do so... so yeah ill get a pic tommoro, it takes about 2 minutes to creat and install, the tuffest part being the finding of the rubber grommet to cut...

yes it is, (thats why he circled it in blue in the pic)
anyway, i got my camera, but of course just in time for dark again, so here is the pic from last night! It a close-up shot, but its apparent where it was taken from, as you see mine is a 95, with the air temp sensor (i assume) on top, instead of on bottom. (it just barely doesnt get smashed to pieces when i close the hood, theres JUST enough clearance)
attachment.php

In other words, i dont think its hitting the AC... i know on mine it was hitting the shock tower, as you so simply put it.

LOL. I had this problem until I unscrewed the Piece that connects to the TB. I moved the pipe as close to the TB as I could without touching it. No more rattle.

Well mine is against the throttle body as far as it can go...

Comon Ghostalker, get that picture to work!

I haven't had a chance to do anything under the hood, thanks to this Florida weather, but today after work I'll see if I can shove something between there.

Errrr, no. That little piece of rubber on the tube itself, is where some thingamabob that comes off the original air intake goes into... It's not meant to stop it from knocking. ;)

On my picture, that AC line, (or whatever it's called), that's being squished up against the shock tower is a little loose, and actually moves up and down. It does make a noise when being shaken. Perhaps the CAI is pressing up against that. My CAI does not come in contact with the "shock tower".

Do you guys have any ideas as to what kind of "thing" I can just use to stuff inbetween there? I went around the house looking for any rubber pieces that I may use, or anything else, and came up empty handed! :bang: