Calling all Kenne Bell Owners...... Need Help!

TweekedGT

Jul 22, 2004
Alberta
Hey guys! I need help with my KB. I am going to be installing it here in the next week or two but need help first. I have a 96GT PI headswapped car so I had to by the 99+ Kit. The difference between us 96-98's and the 99 cars is 96's have 2 sensors in the intake manifold, a 99+ car only has 1. i had to get my 04 manifold tapped for the extra sensor when i bought the headswap kit. I told the place I bought my KB from the story and they said no problem, they talked to KB directly and supposedly shipped everything the way i needed it so I don't have to tap anything. I just want to make sure they didn't screw me so here is what i need. In my KB manifold there are 2 bungs drilled out, 1 came with a sensor from KB, the other is just an open hole for me to put a sensor in. My question is, is do your kits have the two holes in the manifold or just one? Here's a pic to show what I mean.
View attachment 482641 if they only have 1, great, i know KB sent the right stuff. If you have two sensors in your manifold then do I have to drill a third one. Hopefully this makes sense. I don't want to get my KB on and find out I have to take it all apart agin to retap a sensor hole. i have a friend with a KB but he's out of town working rigs so I can't just pop over and look at his. please help if you can. Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the pics Jim. I can definetely see the top sensor that goes into the runner I just can't tell if the second one is under the alternator bracket there. Anybody else with a KB around here that can help?

The sensor on top of the runner is the new air intake temperature sensor designed to read the temperature of the boosted air. The other hole is a spot for you to swap in your engine coolant temperature sensor. You need to find out which sensors your car has that are different.

01quickslvrstng said:
The sensor on top of the runner is the new air intake temperature sensor designed to read the temperature of the boosted air. The other hole is a spot for you to swap in your engine coolant temperature sensor. You need to find out which sensors your car has that are different.

So there is a pretty good chance that that is replacing the one sensor that a 99+GT has. I'm assuming that because the original wiring harness for a 99+ will have to fit and if KB added another sensor the harness would not mate fit because it would be one sensor mate shy. I sure hope my logic aint screwy.:D I can't remember his Stangnet name but he has a Saleen with the polished KB on top. I haven't seen him around for a while. Anybody remember who I'm talking about? He had some great pictures of the passenger side of the engine bay that may help a lot. Thanks for the help so far guys. It sounds like i might be ok. Still looking for some definitive help though If I can find it.

the empty hole is for the coolant temp sender. you may want to call kb and see if they think you should do a t-fitting type setup or what.

I am almost 100 percent sure that other sensor is IAT used to check air temp after the blower.. I may be wrong on this because I have not seen a KB car in awile. but I am just about certain that it's not a extra coolant temp sensor.

now I am not 100 percent sure. Your best bet is to call KB and ask them how they think you should rig up the coolant temp sensors.