cam help

rebelcowboy

Mar 13, 2008
i need some help with the cam in my motor,i bought a cam from a guy and he said it was like an e cam,my dad took and had a guy put it on a computer and told him the lift was.498 and duration was like .276 but he told my dad this was at .050 and that this cam would not fit in my motor and the car would not run.so he wants 500 to make it work with my stock heads,he said they need to be machined for daul valve springs.i think he is full of ***** im planning on buying the trickflow spring package to upgrade my stock ones and i dont know whether to use that cam or get another one.i have an edelbrock performer rpm and a 70mm tb,and i have some equal length headers and im planning on doing the heads later on,i have my motor out right now for a rebuild,and i dont know wut cam to get,a Bcam,Ecam or trickflow cam,the guy told my dad i needed a comp cam with like a .533 lift for my stock heads,he said it cost $300.i need some advice so i can get a good cam and get my motor back in.the guy also said that the cam wasnt good until like 4000 rpm and it had too much lift for my heads,so im lost on wut cam to use in my motor,i keep hearin to use an ecam or b cam,then they say use my stock one,and some say a tfs stage 1.i need some help.

• Sponsors (?)