Camaro SS pics...!!

About a million reasons... mostly because I grew up around a shop all the time and worked as a tech for a couple years after high school and know how much anything without a blue oval on it is junk.
If you grew up around a shop (a remotely good shop) then you know that your statement is as false as it is ridiculous. Not coming at you bro, but I been on both sides of the fence not just one. I've seen what both cars can do...from the driver seat of both cars. And I can tell you from experience that you're wrong. A couple years as a tech isn't enough time for you to make the statements you make. Talk to me when you've been surrounding yourself around cars for 18 years like I have. Not saying I know everything, I don't. And I learn something new all the time. And I'm always surprised by what I can learn. But still at 35 years of age I can say I probably seen a lot more than you. But if you feel soo adamant about what you say then take comfort in the fact that I have 2 modded Stangs that I wouldn't trade or give up for the world. And there are tracks everywhere...just in case your Mustang is a little hungry and wants a Camaro for lunch...

• Sponsors (?)

Definitely wasn't stock.... Plus I don't get it anyway... Like a Mustang can't beat a Camarslow if it's stock?
Dude, I've had over 5 Camaros, a Firebird Formula, 3 Mustangs, a T-Bird, 2 Mark VIII's, and a few other cars. So be a bit more specific, which Mustang are you referring to that can beat which Camaro stock to stock? Now if you're talking about a Coyote beating a 2010-2012 SS then that goes without saying. Or a GT-500 beating an 02 Z-28 then again, no duh. So which cars exactly are you referring to?

5.slow or 5.no or Must Stank or 30eww or 30blew...!! Hahaha!! Kidding guys...
Haha 5.slow my ass. I'm messing with you too... I mean I really do hate Camaros but I mean of course you wouldn't spend $30k-ish on a car you're not comfortable in... Although that's pretty weird cause like I said I'm uncomfortable as hell in a new Camaro and love the new Mustangs. But I'm always gonna take pretty much any chance to :poo: talk Camaros, probably even more so on a Mustang site. At the end of the day I don't care if my Mustang is slower than every Camaro in the world, I loved it and am gonna make this new one as close to identical as I can as soon as USAA stops dicking me around and will love it too.

If you grew up around a shop (a remotely good shop) then you know that your statement is as false as it is ridiculous. Not coming at you bro, but I been on both sides of the fence not just one. I've seen what both cars can do...from the driver seat of both cars. And I can tell you from experience that you're wrong. A couple years as a tech isn't enough time for you to make the statements you make. Talk to me when you've been surrounding yourself around cars for 18 years like I have. Not saying I know everything, I don't. And I learn something new all the time. And I'm always surprised by what I can learn. But still at 35 years of age I can say I probably seen a lot more than you. But if you feel soo adamant about what you say then take comfort in the fact that I have 2 modded Stangs that I wouldn't trade or give up for the world. And there are tracks everywhere...just in case your Mustang is a little hungry and wants a Camaro for lunch...

You're gonna see certain problems out of any car, but you're a lot less likely to out of a Ford. It never failed, I'd get Chevy's in for used car inspections or just maintenance or anything and if it had more than 30k or 40k I could find thousands of dollars of work it needed. Leaks, bearings, things like that, not maintenance items like brakes and air filters. I'd get in a Ford and unless it had at least like 150k then 9 times out of 10 it didn't need much more than brakes or tires and things like that if it needed anything at all. You can say a couple years isn't a lot, but working 7-5 5 days a week and 8-2 Saturdays you see a ton of cars in a couple years, a lot more than anybody that hasn't worked as a tech. Like I said, I grew up in the shop next door all the time, it was owned by my uncle. I took three years of auto tech, I have plenty of awards from while I was in school, but I learned more in the first two weeks of actually working on cars all day every day than I did in the 18 years before that. I worked with guys with 50+ years of experience that thought the same way I do... I've always said the more I learn about cars the more I realize I've always been right about Ford. I will say that Chevy comes in at a definite #2 for me, but it's way way way behind Ford. You wouldn't believe what junk most cars are. I'd consistently find major leaks on Hyundais, Hondas, and Nissans with under 25k.

Dude, I've had over 5 Camaros, a Firebird Formula, 3 Mustangs, a T-Bird, 2 Mark VIII's, and a few other cars. So be a bit more specific, which Mustang are you referring to that can beat which Camaro stock to stock? Now if you're talking about a Coyote beating a 2010-2012 SS then that goes without saying. Or a GT-500 beating an 02 Z-28 then again, no duh. So which cars exactly are you referring to?

Don't ask me, ask the guy that said "Great license plate frame to have on a stock mustang....:notnice:"

Haha 5.slow my ass. I'm messing with you too... I mean I really do hate Camaros but I mean of course you wouldn't spend $30k-ish on a car you're not comfortable in... Although that's pretty weird cause like I said I'm uncomfortable as hell in a new Camaro and love the new Mustangs. But I'm always gonna take pretty much any chance to **** talk Camaros, probably even more so on a Mustang site. At the end of the day I don't care if my Mustang is slower than every Camaro in the world, I loved it and am gonna make this new one as close to identical as I can as soon as USAA stops dicking me around and will love it too.
Yea I always liked my cars too...regardless of how fast (or slow) they were compared to other cars out there.

You're gonna see certain problems out of any car, but you're a lot less likely to out of a Ford. It never failed, I'd get Chevy's in for used car inspections or just maintenance or anything and if it had more than 30k or 40k I could find thousands of dollars of work it needed. Leaks, bearings, things like that, not maintenance items like brakes and air filters. I'd get in a Ford and unless it had at least like 150k then 9 times out of 10 it didn't need much more than brakes or tires and things like that if it needed anything at all. You can say a couple years isn't a lot, but working 7-5 5 days a week and 8-2 Saturdays you see a ton of cars in a couple years, a lot more than anybody that hasn't worked as a tech. Like I said, I grew up in the shop next door all the time, it was owned by my uncle. I took three years of auto tech, I have plenty of awards from while I was in school, but I learned more in the first two weeks of actually working on cars all day every day than I did in the 18 years before that. I worked with guys with 50+ years of experience that thought the same way I do... I've always said the more I learn about cars the more I realize I've always been right about Ford. I will say that Chevy comes in at a definite #2 for me, but it's way way way behind Ford. You wouldn't believe what junk most cars are. I'd consistently find major leaks on Hyundais, Hondas, and Nissans with under 25k.
Well you also have to consider all the other factors involved...not just the fact that a lot of Chevys came to that one particular shop. There are some shops in some areas that can say the exact same thing about Mazdas or Fiats or whatever. Also what kind of terrain is in the area vs the kind of Chevys that are coming in for service? There are a heck of a lot more factors that determine which vehicle is more dependable than another. And the opinion of one tech with a few years of experience in one shop owned by his uncle is like a pebble of sand on the beach. As far as dependability, I don't think Ford nor Chevy has earned the right to claim or brag about being the most dependable...

Out of respect, I will refrain from saying how I feel about those cars.

The only thing that matters is if you're truly happy with it. Have fun!

Out of respect, I will refrain from saying how I feel about those cars.

The only thing that matters is if you're truly happy with it. Have fun!
Hey thanks man. I'm open (and curious) to your opinion tho so feel free to share. I mean anybody can say they think it's ugly, that's subjective. But if you have something objective that you don't like about them then I'm all ears. To be honest with you, I can say that the blind spots are a bit annoying. But other than that I haven't had any issues so far...

Congrats dude, new sports car is always exciting. Hey could you do us a favor and report back with the maintanance of the SS Camaro. I have always been interested in how different are the needs of the those cars are from the "Stangs."
Well I would love to but I don't think that would go over too well, this being a Mustang site and all. I did join a Camaro site and plan on joining a second one (as I'm on 2 Mustang sites) so I'll probably keep GM related topics over there. Tell ya what tho, I'll keep you in mind if I do need to service anything. And I can tell you that so far the water pump was replaced by the dealer between 2 and 30 miles according to the Carfax. It has 11,050 miles on it now.

Nice ride! What I dont get is you were too cramped in a new stang but you own two sn95's lol. I havent been in any of the newer stangs but they cant have smaller interior than our cars.

Nice ride! What I dont get is you were too cramped in a new stang but you own two sn95's lol. I havent been in any of the newer stangs but they cant have smaller interior than our cars.
Thanks buddy!! Believe it or not it was not as comfortable as my SN's, if you can call them comfortable. I've been driving my 03 for 6 years and my 95 for a few months and I never felt cramped...maybe it was all in my head, I don't know. The E-brake on the driver side didn't help things either.