Cams for 01 Cobra??

2003BlackStang

Nov 11, 2003
What cams should i put in my 03 Cobra? I will supercharge it in the future but the cams will be in the car before the s/c so what cams should I get? I want to do all the bolt ons and build the motor before i s/c I figure ill get the max hp out of the car before the s/c and then finally when the car is maxed out on bolt on and internals throw a blower on it at low psi for a little while then up the boost slowly

• Sponsors (?)

I think you meant 2001 Cobra (you worded it differently in the subject line and within the text in your post above). :D No big deal, anyways...

I'm not sure that adding "hotter" N/A cams are in your best interest if you plan on adding a blower in the future (wouldn't one want to utilize "blower-specific" cams ideally?).

In any event, unless you have a lot of cash burning a hole in you wallet, I would just hold off on the N/A cams for now and save up for a forged build, and look to include blower cams as well.

However, if you are determined on swapping out the cams while naturally aspirated right now, you have a few options. FR500 spec stuff (run a search or visit the FRPP/Ford Racing homepage for more info) or Crower Stage IIs seem to be a pretty popular choice. Here's a tech article that a fellow SN member wrote up for the Crower II's:

http://www.stangnet.com/Tech-Articles/Cobra-4V-Crower-Stage-II-Camshaft-Install.html

G'luck. :cheers: