Can anyone recommend a better CAI

• Sponsors (?)

I have the MAC CAI that goes in the fender well also so I am curious as to the response to this question..who ever had mine before me used the chrome pipe from the filter to the MAF and then after the MAF the pipe is all stock plastic ..not sure if its better this way or what but any ways this should be an interesting thread :D

jeffstanggt04 said:
I have a BBK CAI, but i heard someone say the fenderwell models arent as good because the MAF sensor needs a straight shot of air
The a/f may be goofed by the bend in the fenderwell intakes because the flow of the air is along the outside of the CAI pipe... or the side that faces the engine. The reason the design causes the car to run rich is because while air is filling the entire pipe, it is mostly concentrated along that engine side of the pipe. The MAF sensor in turn interperets this as more air coming in, and in turn the computer compensates for more air by adding more fuel. However, in reality, the same, or near the same amount of air is being pulled into the engine, it's just mostly concentrated on one side of the pipe.
Same air + more fuel = rich conditions. And this is a power robbing condition. CAI's with no bend shouldn't cause any issues.

I have the DeMolet full length system. It was like night and day difference. My car had a lot better response. It also cleaned up the higher RPMs.

I bought mine from StangPro, great price and great shipping!