Can i hook up a shift lite to stock tach?

89fiveliter

Nov 5, 2009
i have a monster sport comp tach with a shift lite, i really am not big on gauge thing. I like the stock look, but a shift lite would be very helpful. Can i hook up my autometer shift lite only to my stock tach? any help would be greatly appreciated. I cant find any answers any where else! thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Doubtful. I don't think the shift light on the monster tach is a stand-alone unit. Secondly, the stock tach is not accurate at all.

Look into a small autometer pen shift light if you want to avoid the boy racer tach look. It comes with a small module that you tap into the neg coil wire and then you can mount the tiny shift light anywhere. Some guys have put them in their vents.

I agree with you about not liking the huge 5" tach thing. It wouldn't be so bad if every boy racer and his civic didn't have one screwed near the A-pillar.

That shift light cannot be used without the tach. All it is ,is a brake light that is wired into the tach. You can buy stand alone units without a tach. I have a Stewart Warner with a digital tach in the middle and LEDs all around it. Very nice shift light, it is programable by 10 rpm increment with no pill to plug in.