can i use gt-40p heads?

85_SS_302_Coupe said:
Yeah man, they're badass, i'm not trying to take away from them, but they're just not realistic by today's standards, even if it can be argued that they are better. Sometimes on a forum you don't state things as clear as they could be, and i guess it's only a matter of time (seconds) untill someone from the 100k members replies about how terribly wrong you are..lol
ok phewww I thought we were at corral for a second :rlaugh: For the average guy, they are best to go and rip off an explorer.

• Sponsors (?)

Jegs sells aluminum canted valve heads. They're jegs/Kaase for 1800.00 dollars. Yeah, if I was going to build a 347 stroker and spend 1800.00 on heads. In stead of getting the TW's ported or any other aluminum head that would put me in that price range. I would rather buy the canted valve head for that price. Why, your thinking to your self( I konw you are), It's because of the design of the valves and valvetrain geometry. They're more high rpm stable. Now on the other hand, if I plan on keeping my motor in the lower rpm range and not taking it to the track. I would stick with small port volumes and cheaper parts. To state that one piticular head is above all is a personal opinion of one person. No need to take anyones opinion and argue that they are wrong. You're not going to change their mind. Like me, I wouldn't go out and buy GT40p's when I feel that the exhaust valve is too small for future plans. I would stick bigger valves right away in any stock iron's I would put on my motor. That's only because I plan on adding boost. Therefore my opinion is useful for someone who plans to stay N/A and cheap. To me they are all good heads. Yes I said it, all ford iron heads are good. They just need a little help. I try not to use the words "best" or "greatest". Because, it's all about the combination and future plans. Just my thoughts.