can someone help me,, i can't get my trans in all the way!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

the problem is in the bellhousing,, the hole the tranny goes into measures 122.5 mm, and it measure 124.5mm on the tranny,, that would be why she aint goin together!!!!!!! My part proffesional called me last night to talk it over with me and again today,,, he is awesome,,, He has the best customer service, period..

thanks guys for your help,, tony

tvmango said:
Blandnuts.... i tried to buy one but nobody had one for a tremec tko spline,, I'm pretty sure it's not the problem... thank alot guys,,

if your TKO has the fine spline shaft like my Viper T56? then go to autozone or advanced auto and get a GM fine spline tool. you have to put a little bit of electrical tape around the end so it fits snug into your pilot bearing but it's the same spline. If your tko is "i believe" 26 spline.

thnak you very much bro, but I found the problem is the bell housing,,, it's hole where the tranny bearing ratainer goes into is too small, just a defect.... it's cool though, I'm getting another one........ Nobody has ever seen a defective McLeod,, and of course I'm the one to get it... LOL...

the guy is going to send me a new alignment tool just made for tko/fords,, it's cool so you don't have to tape them anymore,,,, i didn't know about your trick until it was to late,, i did eyeball it really good,, went right in, but couldn't go in all the way due to the bell...... tony