Car alarm and security

Hi all, since they showed a brand new 08 that was being raffled for the Dornbecker's Childrens Hospital had been jacked for the rims and tires...they also showed the 2 holes punched in the hood to dis-able the security system; has anyone added extra protection to they're cars? They did not say if the car HAD active anti-theft alarm system on it, but it was definately a spruced up Stang for the Charity. If anyone has added extra security, what kind. Oh yeah, they did $6,000.00 damage to the new car.........jerks!:mad:

• Sponsors (?)

I have a compustar pro pager alarm and it works pretty good. They claim that it has a range of 2 miles which is stretching it a bit in my opinion, but it does go pretty freakin far. I had the wire harness run so that it is hard to get at but a pro will get past an alarm no matter what you do if he really wants to. Having a good alarm is really just going to stop the amateurs and hopefully will encourage the real car thieves to find an easier target.

a pro will get past an alarm no matter what you do if he really wants to. Having a good alarm is really just going to stop the amateurs and hopefully will encourage the real car thieves to find an easier target.

+1. Your best bet if you are concerned about the car being stolen is to hide a GPS tracking chip in some location where they are not normally hidden. I don't know much about how the systems out there (Lojack, etc) are usually installed. I'd imagine a theif would know the normal locations where the lojack equipment is installed, if there is a norm. Hopefully you'd be able to recover it before its stripped.

You can put a switch in between the fuel pump and fuse box, and hook it up to your driving lights or another factory installed normal looking switch. I used to just pull the fuse when I would leave it at my terminal for a few days

Thanks for the responses. I was a bit surprised they just didn't take the whole dam car. The rims and tires were upgraded by Les Schwab for the raffle so it wasn't "just" factory rims and tires. Hopefully someone who knows someone will notice that one of they're aquaintences....who wouldn't have the money for those will turn them in. Where I'm at, Lojack has not arrived to this area yet, how ever I do travel where it is in service so it's not out of the question for me to add that after Christmas. Too many losers out there anymore. :(