car dolly for garage

mtaqua

Oct 7, 2006
I am going to strip the engine compartment to include the outside with the shock towers. I plan on removing all the suspension up front. I need something to put under the frame up front to roll it in and out of the garage. I am going to keep the rear end on it. Any ideas? Nothing to fancy, as it will probably only be use once.

Andrew

• Sponsors (?)

Some square tubing and 2 caster wheels will do.

DA3038.JPG

Pics aren't the greatest but I built one last summer to hold my 66 coupe, fully loaded. Lots of 2.5" i.d. & o.d. tubing and some h.d. castors. Works pretty well and is adjustable to different frame widths and lengths. I can lift a car up to 24" off the ground as well but getting the car on the car can be...interesting:eek:
pics in this thread
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/804305-anyone-ever-build.html

next time (that I do a complete restore) I'll probably make something like that. I ended up buying a set of snowmobile dollies. I plan on temp welding the jack stands to them. It will only be use for a weekend. thanks for the ideas, because I am sure there will be a next time.

another idea while it's at the top - if you have another rear end, or easy access to one at a junkyard, you could find a way to attach it (old leaf springs? Rope through the leaf eyes or straps?) to the front subframe. That way, you have a way to wheel it forward and back and jack up the front as well.