car feels like it lost power.

• Sponsors (?)

FlameStang97:

I would check two things right off the bat. No. 1 is air filter make sure that is clean and not torn or blocked with debris. No. 2 would be carbon deposits etc.... with the fuel injection. When I bought my '98 used it had NO power. I would literally stomp on the pedal at 60 with only a mild increase in pitch but NO ACCELERATION!!!! I was told it was carbon deposits and Fords were notorious for them. I ran a couple of bottles of Chevron Fuel Injection cleaner and it cleared up in two weeks! Now I regularly use either the Chevron or Berryman's B-12.

Hope this helps.

Doc

doc4444 said:
FlameStang97:

I would check two things right off the bat. No. 1 is air filter make sure that is clean and not torn or blocked with debris. No. 2 would be carbon deposits etc.... with the fuel injection. When I bought my '98 used it had NO power. I would literally stomp on the pedal at 60 with only a mild increase in pitch but NO ACCELERATION!!!! I was told it was carbon deposits and Fords were notorious for them. I ran a couple of bottles of Chevron Fuel Injection cleaner and it cleared up in two weeks! Now I regularly use either the Chevron or Berryman's B-12.

Hope this helps.

Doc

Hmmm that does remind me, when i had my oil changed they said my filter was very dirty and i had forgot about that. Maybe i should change it lol.