car getting hot question

331 stang91

Oct 16, 2004
wisconsin
SO on my 94 gt mustang I only have a stock temp gauge in my car so I can't tell you exactly What the car is running at but here is my situation. While I was driving the temp would move about 20 degrees from normal to to hot fluctuating like that for the whole trip. So I put in a new thermostat (180). And that stopped the fluctuating problem. But now it runs hotter then normal. Since there are no numbers on the gauge i can only tell you that the needle is in the center. The mods on the car are as follows. msd coil cap rotor With taylor wires off road x pipe with cat back and cai. Dont think the mods would matter but listed the in case. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Ensure there's no trapped air in the system.

Because there were not a lot of specifics provided, here's a little tech note about our cooling systems. Perhaps something in the section that applies to your situation will help. The fan switch retrofit has helped folks too.

Good luck.

SO on my 94 gt mustang I only have a stock temp gauge in my car so I can't tell you exactly What the car is running at but here is my situation. While I was driving the temp would move about 20 degrees from normal to to hot fluctuating like that for the whole trip. So I put in a new thermostat (180). And that stopped the fluctuating problem. But now it runs hotter then normal. Since there are no numbers on the gauge i can only tell you that the needle is in the center. The mods on the car are as follows. msd coil cap rotor With taylor wires off road x pipe with cat back and cai. Dont think the mods would matter but listed the in case. Thanks

If the needle is in the center, the temp. is normal and your engine isn't running hot. Since the stock gauge doesn't have numbers, how do you know it's moved 20 degrees? I've checked mine and the center is 205*F which is perfectly OK.