Car stalls suddenly

the cap,rotor, and plugs only have like 500 miles on them .It was starting to get dark so Im going to change the ignition switch tommorrow . I just took it for a ride , I checked my TPS and was putting out .93 so I adjusted it as much as I could and got it to .96 . When I was driving I made sure to keep an eye on the tach and voltage guage, when I push the clutch in to make a stop the rpms drop to like 500rpms and the voltage drops to about the M on normal on the gauge . When I said the alternator was shot , I had it tested last year it was only putting out 50 something amps . :bang:
thanks guys for the replies
tom

• Sponsors (?)

Perhaps power steering pump... I had a 86 Merc Topaz that would keel over if you turned too much The PS pump just had too much draw on the engine and it'd halt it pretty well, and it would start right back up just like your problem. If nothing else works check it out, a solution off the top of my head would be to turn the idle up so the engine has enough power to keep those wheels turning. Or maybe a tune up so idle is producing more HP.

My car does this also. I thought it was the alternator so I got a new 200 amp Pa-performance alternator and it still stalls out. It only happens when I'm coming to a stop or when going really sow around a turn. It also only happens when the a/c is on..
Thanks in advance.

Well I think its fixed, I cleaned the IAC and replaced the TFI module and hasnt stalled since . One more question my tach is still dopping down to 500 or below sometimes, and my voltage gauge is dropping quit a allot also . The rpms are dropping but its catching itself before it stalls . I have the tps set at 99 . Should I just get a new IAC , Im going to order a PA Performance alternator . Thanks once agian for all your help I really apreciat it . :nice:

tom :spot: