car starting wierd

cb18201

Oct 25, 2003
CT
when i start my car n the morning it starts right up fine an lets out a nice roar, when anytime after that i start it, it like sounds like it doesnt want to start but always does, it kind of hesitates an makes a wierd kind of scraping noise almost. its hard to describe. it just sounds almost like its dead but still starts up just barley, any idea of what this could be? i was thinking battery or starter but im not really sure, thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Well it could be either. I would have my battery tested at the local auto parts store. They can also test your starter with it on the vehicle if they have the machine. Or you can take it off and have it tested. What are the outside temps and weight of oil that you are using when it does this? If it's really cold out and you have a heavy weight oil it will drag a little.

i use 10w 30 like my owners manual says, its not even that cold in my gargae in the morning, and when its parked outside during the day its fairly warm out, its the noise it makes that while starting it i can not figure out. it sounds like a "shhhhhhhhhhhh" dying noise but it still starts but barley.