Cardone Distributor?

Redfire Fox

Dec 29, 2011
A few months ago in April my old dizzy that I had in my car finally crapped out on me and left me stranded on out in the country. Luckily a nice stranger gave me a ride home to my other car. I suspected it was my dizzy in my car and I bought the Cardone reman brand. Put it in my stang and fired right up. Just this past weekend my mustang crapped out again and left me stranded. The mustang did the same thing like last time. It just died while driving like I shut off the ignition and would not restart even after it cooled off. I tried starting it the next day and no luck so I pulled the cardone dizzy and put in a Spectra dizzy. It was brand new with everything already on it and my car fired right up!!! I read a lot of complaints online with the cardone reman. The pip sensor keeps going out very shortly after install in the reviews.

Anyone have a good luck with their Spectra or had issues with the Cardone brand? I don't want to get stranded again so i got the cardone dizzy replaced and keep it as a spare in the backseat.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I'm dizzy from reading dizzy... Right now, seems like they all have issues....even motorcraft.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm dizzy from reading dizzy... Right now, seems like they all have issues....even motorcraft.
lol...sorry bout that. The cardone is a reman motorcraft part. The pip sensor was probably a decade old but tested good when they rebuilt the rest of the part. I had my mustang for 14 years and it never stranded me before till recently.

Reactions: 1 users
I've had bad distributors out of the box. Pull the pill from the spout. If it starts and stays running then your pip is bad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does bring up the question though of who DOES make a good distributor these days? MSDs are crap, all the reman stuff uses either crap or 20 year old electronics, even the motorcraft stuff is farmed out Chinese crap these days, so where's that leave us?