CD player failure. anything else to check?

281pony

Aug 31, 2003
Oly, WA
well stupid me tried to fix another thing with my car. ever since i got it, it has had a SLOW battery drain. like 5 days and it drains the battery to where it will barely start. so my cousin and i set out to find the problem.

my stereo with no key in the ignition, would turn on and play. so we figured it was the remote wire. we could not figure out anything, my cousin tried some things and we concluded the deck was screwy. so our resolution was putting a cutoff switch on the power wire.

we put it in, and it worked great. i could turn the leak on or off whenever i didnt plan to drive the car for awhile. we temporarly twisted the connections and used electric tape. on a 30 min drive the wire fell off, so we pulled it out, did all the connections over and it was working great.

as i left his house at 3 am, i pushed the deck back slightly so i could shift without it in the way. the power just went out on it. since then, i have done the following;

checked all fuses, the giant fuse off the battery, re-wired it 3 times, checked all connections, removed the cutoff switch, and NO power to the deck.

the weird thing is, the amps power up with the key on like normally. no power to the deck though. any other idea's i can try? i pulled the cover off the cd player even and it all looks normal. i dont have access to another cd player to test, but im at a loss here how the deck just all the sudden stops working. thanks.

no noise or anything was made when the power went out. no snaps, pops, ect.

• Sponsors (?)