Centerforce dual friction..opinions?

Tasandmnm

Jun 1, 2007
I may pick up a slightly used one, how do you guysa like these? I would be moving from my current King Cobra clutch. How does the CF compare in clutch feel and holding power? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

First, i'm not sure if i'd buy a used clutch..... thats like buying used rear end gears!? But as far as your questions go... The Centerforce dual friction clutches are just as strong if not strong then the king cobra clutch(Don't know about the super king cobra though?) but they have a soft pedal feel like the stock clutch. They have like a centrifugal weight system so that its heavy duty but is very streetable. And the clutch is good up to 500hp. Are you getting the pressure plate with it as well? Cause you might want that... its kinda a hand in hand sorta thing! I've researched and called around all over about this clutch cause its the one i already ordered for my car. Its suppose to be a really nice clutch. I don't want to get a foot cramp holding in the clutch at a stop light like you would with the King cobra. People say there feet start to shake? ha

ok I gurss a used clutch isnt the best idea then. Ok so if I a. looking at new clutches, hoe does centerforce compare to spec? I have been lookin at the spec flywheels so it would be kinda nice to order it all from one place.

+2. Had a Centerforce Lite Metal setup, now a pro-motion custom. The King Cobra was the best clutch Ive had in my car.

Held up to 405rwhp and the cost is almost half of the dual friction setup.

Unless you plan on pushing the hp that you need the centerforce, save some money and get the King Cobra.

Yes you can do that, but its like do you want to build your car the right way or not? I mean your spending all this money on your car, whats a little more gonna matter. Personally, i want a strong clutch, and has a soft pedal so i don't get leg cramps at stop lights. Mine is a 100% street car, so for me its just the right way to go. Although if money is a big issue that you can go the cheaper way, either way they'll work fine. Its just a matter of what you want to sacrific for the money? Personally i'll pony up for the extra comfort, but to each is his own!

if you get cramps at the stop lights, your name should be alice. believe me that clutch can hold much more than you have, if you put a blower on there, you would probably be getting a new clutch even if you get a centerforce, if you get a df, it will hold, but a king cobra will hold it too.

if you get cramps at the stop lights, your name should be alice. believe me that clutch can hold much more than you have, if you put a blower on there, you would probably be getting a new clutch even if you get a centerforce, if you get a df, it will hold, but a king cobra will hold it too.

Well they claim it holds up to 500hp. Now whether thats flywheel or rear wheel i dont know. But either way. That clutch will/should hold up with a blower.

The only way I'd buy a used clutch is if it had 1000 or less miles on it. Otherwise just spend the money on a new one. I don't think you could go wrong with centerforce or KC. They are both quality and can hold a lot of power. Biggest diff is the pedal feel, but even pedal feel on the KC is not that bad.

Had Centerforce and King Cobra...

If you can afford the extra $120 or so, get the Centerforce...softer pedal, and holds much more power than the King Cobra.

King Cobra's are rated for 30% more power than stock and the Dual Friction holds 90% more than stock and is softer as well.

I got the CF Stage II, 60% more holding power and love it.

yeah but get this: the kc holds as much as the stock block will hold, the center force holds more, but when the stock block cracks in half, and you put a dart in there or something, it will probably be making more power than the center force can handle, so save the monies, get the kc and start working on a built aftermarket block.

I've had both. I started with a CF, when that went bad I bought a KC. I personally liked the KC over the CF. Everyone I talked to about clutches in my area usually go Spec or KC, and got horror storys from prior CF owners.

I would not buy a used clutch. Who knows how it was driven before you receive it. It's a hit or miss.

Good luck :nice:

yeah but get this: the kc holds as much as the stock block will hold, the center force holds more, but when the stock block cracks in half, and you put a dart in there or something, it will probably be making more power than the center force can handle, so save the monies, get the kc and start working on a built aftermarket block.

My neighbor is running a Trick flow setup and Paxton 2000 and is pushing 525 rwhp. As for the clutch he is running, i don't know. His block isn't cracked and its a street car and has been this way for over 3 years. So the Centerforce 500hp is actually under rated for his car!

Once again, its all about pedal feel and hp support. You won't regret buying the Centerforce.

love mine, will get another once mine is finished, btw I bought it used last year and put lots of miles on it. Still in great shape, even today.