centrifugal supercharger question

The t-trim upgrade is a little more then $100. here is the link Supercharger upgrades... - ModularFords.com. it lists out the prices. One downside to upgrading a s-trim to a t is that the housing cant except HD bearings and you are still limited to 52000rpm so you cant get the max performance out of it.

And I was wrong about the price to uprade to a si trim, its only 329 and the t is 617.

You said you could upgrade to the Si-Trim for $400 and I said for another $100 ($500 total) you could get a T-Trim. At the time when I upgraded to a T-Trim it was only like $500-$550.

Why couldn't the T-Trim use HD bearings it uses the same housing? Also the T-Trim has a 55,000 rpm limit and also flows 1200cfm compared to the S-Trim's 1000cfm

• Sponsors (?)

Hey I'm sure you will know this. I have been forgetting about my fuel upgradeds. Right now i have 42lb injectors and a svt focus pump in my mustang. I figured ill swap the 42's for some 60's and as for the tank i really dont want to buy a svt tank. could i used the svt focus pump along with a kenne bell boost a pump to get 500-600hp? Do i also need a new fuel line, or fuel rails? I want to get everything together before i get it tuned that way its done right the first time.

Is the cobra tank the same as the gt just with a different basket and fuel rails?

Hey I'm sure you will know this. I have been forgetting about my fuel upgradeds. Right now i have 42lb injectors and a svt focus pump in my mustang. I figured ill swap the 42's for some 60's and as for the tank i really dont want to buy a svt tank. could i used the svt focus pump along with a kenne bell boost a pump to get 500-600hp? Do i also need a new fuel line, or fuel rails? I want to get everything together before i get it tuned that way its done right the first time.

Is the cobra tank the same as the gt just with a different basket and fuel rails?

No the Cobra tank is baffled and also has two pumps instead of one.

Im not a fan of the KBAP and alot of tuners don't like them either. Its hard on the pump and can eventually lead to the pump failing. The basket can also go dry which is very bad.

A cobra tank and pumps is usally good to 500-550rwhp. My car being an auto was creating more of a load and needing more fuel so thats why I went to the Aermotive setup.

Im not a fan of the KBAP and alot of tuners don't like them either. Its hard on the pump and can eventually lead to the pump failing. The basket can also go dry which is very bad.

A cobra tank and pumps is usally good to 500-550rwhp. My car being an auto was creating more of a load and needing more fuel so thats why I went to the Aermotive setup.

How much boost do you think it would take from a Vortech V2-SQ to produce 550hp?

How much boost do you think it would take from a Vortech V2-SQ to produce 550hp?

It depends since X amount of boost doesn't equal X amout of hp.

Boost is the amount of increased pressure in the intake manifold. So in turn the better your engine flows the less boost the car will make. A car with heads and cams is going to make less boost than a car without. I lost about 1-2psi when I added my headers and another 1-2 when I added my cams.

My car makes 15-16psi with a T-Trim, A/A IC, 2.75 pulley, cams, and full exhaust and Im putting down over 500rwhp through an auto that would be around 550+rwhp through a manual.

It depends since X amount of boost doesn't equal X amout of hp.

Boost is the amount of increased pressure in the intake manifold. So in turn the better your engine flows the less boost the car will make. A car with heads and cams is going to make less boost than a car without. I lost about 1-2psi when I added my headers and another 1-2 when I added my cams.

My car makes 15-16psi with a T-Trim, A/A IC, 2.75 pulley, cams, and full exhaust and Im putting down over 500rwhp through an auto that would be around 550+rwhp through a manual.

Ok, im trying to understand boost better. So you getting 15-16psi now and running a pulley that is for 20psi? I'm assuming 20 since you said you lost 1-2psi twice. So say the blower maxed at 20 psi does that mean you can get a smaller pulley to get your back to 20psi or is the blower maxed already?

Ok, im trying to understand boost better. So you getting 15-16psi now and running a pulley that is for 20psi? I'm assuming 20 since you said you lost 1-2psi twice. So say the blower maxed at 20 psi does that mean you can get a smaller pulley to get your back to 20psi or is the blower maxed already?

The blower is maxed by its rpm so if you your making 15psi but spining the blower at or near its max rpm then you want to stop, whether its meant to make 20psi or not.

You said you could upgrade to the Si-Trim for $400 and I said for another $100 ($500 total) you could get a T-Trim. At the time when I upgraded to a T-Trim it was only like $500-$550.

Why couldn't the T-Trim use HD bearings it uses the same housing? Also the T-Trim has a 55,000 rpm limit and also flows 1200cfm compared to the S-Trim's 1000cfm

I was letting you know that the prices have changed

When I asked about upgrading my s-trim to a t I asked if i could get the HD bearings put in and they said no because the housing would except them and they are different in that area.

I just noticed you said, Aeromotive setup, Is that a fuel pump or a full kit that they sell and how much does it cost?

I just noticed you said, Aeromotive setup, Is that a fuel pump or a full kit that they sell and how much does it cost?

It was the full kit, rails, pumps, lines, ect. I'd have to check on how much it was, I just remember it wasn't cheap. It was over kill to a cetain point but I know I'll never run out of fuel now.

no I check for leaks and nothing, and then lifters no also . Thats the bov u hear doing that somethings it does it at idle, and for the dude who is complaining about me posting on this thread if the guy who made the thread is not complaining then I see no problem....

my v2sq was making almost the exact same sound...it is still in the shop..and I am going to replace the BOV with a different one...I had the HKS SSQV...

I have a blow through system with an a/a FMIC..

I have a 255lph pump and a BBK boost a pump...not having any fuel problems..

Only pushing about 10 psi now...once the tune is finished...should be a little more..and should get around 500 rwhp

You shouldn't need 60lb injectors...42 should be fine..

Hope that helps..