Cheap Supercharger?

sKyZ

Apr 28, 2005
Scranton PA
I'm wondering where I'd be able to get a cheap supercharger (under a grand would be great) that I'd be able to just bolt on and go with. I'm just looking for something to give me atleast 300rwhp and to learn with.. Nothing to kill myself with :)

• Sponsors (?)

basically what everyone else said...you arent gonna find a reliable supercharger for under a grand..the cheapest ive come across are the powerdyne kits (which i have for my stang)...u can get brand new kits on ebay for about 1700. but powerdyne are considered at the bottom of the list of SC's but they are easier to install then the rest from what i have heard (self contained system and no tapping the oil pan). if i were you, like I should have done, was save up for a Procharger w/intercooler kit or a Kenne Bell Roots...also depending if your car is standard or auto, you're better off with a centri SC if you have a standard and roots/twin screw for your auto...just my opinion.

I don't want to run my nitrous kit because i want the power to always be there.. not at a button..

Do you understand how nitrous kits work? Leave the system armed if you want the power to "always be there". Floor it, and bang, the power is there.

And I don't want to refill the bottle every week.

I've refilled my bottle four times since April...and I've raced ALOT.

I got my Powerdyne for under a grand. Have had it on for a year with no problems at all. If you are patience you can get one. There was a Vortec on Ebay last week that went for $1350 & another one that did not sell for $1500. Will need a larger fuel pump. You can run with a FMU with no problems, not the best or does not make the most power.