Chrome or Painted

Mstng93SSP

You have a nice rear end there Dave.
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Mililani, Hawaii
I have chrome Saleen (style) rims on my black GT. I also have a set of painted Saleen (style) rims. I think the painted look better, what's everyone's thoughts? You guys know I'm gonna do what I'm gonna do but I am just curious. The car on top is mine, the car on bottom I "borrowed" the picture just for comparison as the cars are similar but mine with chrome and the other with painted.

90mqIn.jpg

My set of painted rims

blEQsO.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

OK, been a while on this one but I finally swapped over to the painted Saleen wheels. I bought tires off Amazon as I couldn't beat the price. 4 18" tires for a total of $280....shipped. Yes shipped...to the 50th state....you know, the one everyone loves to snub "shipping to the lower 48 only"....anyway..., the tires are Achilles brand. I researched them and they are made in Indonesia. I figured for the price I would give them a shot. They seem to be pretty well built and the tread pattern is nice. I guess time will tell.

fYk04D.jpg

D67C7C.jpg

TJOW94.jpg

F2LOfW.jpg

I then took the Chrome Cobra R's (Real ford rims) and put them on my coupe. At least for now.

MMNCBb.jpg

JTCVCO.jpg

1gkeso.jpg

Last edited:
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 3 users