Clearance Issues With Exhaust Cut-Outs

93gtmustang

5 Year Member
Oct 21, 2006
Two garages told me that there would be clearance issues if I where to have them install exhaust cut-outs on my 93 GT Mustang. They where going to be installed right before the cats.
What do you think?
Do they need to be turned downward a little?
Could I install them myself?
My car is not a daily driver.
Mostly drag raced. Short drives, driven to and from the track.
Thanks for all the help!

• Sponsors (?)

When you say that they scraped all the time.
What were the type off roads that you drove on? Is your car a daily driver?
Mine's not a daily driver.
I will be on flat highways, no back roads. Basically, most my driving will be to the track and back.
I was thinking, when you lower a car 1.5 to 2 inches, there must be some clearance issues there.
I estimated the cut-outs to hang down close to that distance.
Any other thoughts on this?

If the car is primarily a track car, (and you're so concerned about bypassing the cats) I'd put the catted pipe in the shed and run an O/R pipe, then put the cut outs in front of the mufflers. That's where I've always seen them, facing in towards the DS so they aren't noticeable.

I'd put the catted pipe in the shed and run an O/R pipe, then put the cut outs in front of the mufflers. That's where I've always seen them, facing in towards the DS so they aren't noticeable.

I'm not quite sure what you mean.
Catted pipe in the shed?
O/R pipe?
In towards the DS?

Take the midpipe with the cats right out and store it. Install an O/R (off-road, i.e. no cats) midpipe. Install the cutouts just ahead of the mufflers, with the bypass fork aimed toward the DS (drive shaft) so that they look like sleeve clamps.