Clutch Cable Lubrication

revhead347

Apparently my ex-husband made that mistake.
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Acworth, GA
So I just dropped $80 on a Maximum Motorsports clutch cable, and I don't know what it's for, but it sure isn't for a Mustang. If I can get my BBK lubricated up smoothly I'm just going to throw that back in. What do you guys use to lubricate your clutch cables?

Kurt

• Sponsors (?)

White lithium is what I always use. Expose as much as possible, spray the he'll out of it, then run it in and out of it's casing. Flip it around and do the same to the other side. I do this until the grease has obviously made it's way through the entire cable.

Yeah, I sprayed the hell out of it with White Lithium, and it's still not working to my satisfaction. Thankfully Summit had a Steeda cable in stock, so I should have it by Tuesday, just before I have to go back to work.

Kurt

If you got the Maxi cable from Maxi, I would still call them and tell them your problem, and im sure they would set you up correctly.

I got it from American Muscle, it was cheaper and would get here a day faster. I don't give people that kind of opportunity. There is no excuse for making an $80 cable that doesn't fit, and this thing isn't even close. I can have the Steeda cable, which I know fits here tomorrow and have the car on the road....hopefully.

Kurt

The cable is entirely too long, and the ferrel for the mount is in the wrong location. When you put it on the car, it has a nasty kink in it, and the cable practically hits the hood it's so long. There is no where near enough travel on the wire itself, so there is no way to get it on the fork. It's not even close.

Kurt