Clutch Engagement Issue?

Inmy88gt5.0

Jun 5, 2017
My clutch cable went to crap last week but luckily it was at home. I found this out while I was having problems with adjusting my cable every couple days. I went online and purchased a ford heavy duty adjustable cable same as the one that was on my car. Upon removing my cable I found out the plastic quadrant had been replaced with a steel quadrant which brought me joy lol. Also up one removal I noticed my cable had been set to the hole nearest to the bell housing not the correct hole closer to the frame?

I received my new cable yesterday threw it on the correct way and adjusted it perfect fit. Now here is my problem....my clutch pedal now needs a harder push and when letting off the engagement point is HIGH as before when it used to be halfway off the floor. I'm not sure if it's because the cable was set wrong for nearly a year, it's not adjusted enough even though all my gears go in, or I did something wrong when installing?

• Sponsors (?)

I've came across a couple threads about adjustment and engagement regarding the clutch. I'm not sure if it's tightened enough I'm about 1/4 way of the cable with the lock nut, im afraid of damaging the cable if I tighten it more just because I had to order it online which held me up 4 days.